PDA

View Full Version : Groundcrew BF-110G2 series

grover1
May 11th, 2012, 19:15
Hi all.

Does anyone have the Groundcrew BF-110G2 series of airplanes working for Windows 7? I'm having troubles trying to get them to extract to my CFS3 aircraft directory and the installer won't let me change the install destination to somewhere else. I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem and if there is a possible solution. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

rocketred
May 11th, 2012, 20:04
what i do is let it go to cfs3 creation ....folder and copy and apste it over to the other folder for win7- eto or whatever .........this applied for anything works all for me this way

crerate copy/paste all ,,, into the other folder located in win7- programme section and presto

grizzly50
May 11th, 2012, 20:20
Hi all.

Does anyone have the Groundcrew BF-110G2 series of airplanes working for Windows 7? I'm having troubles trying to get them to extract to my CFS3 aircraft directory and the installer won't let me change the install destination to somewhere else. I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem and if there is a possible solution. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Grover1,

Sure. Simply do a dummy install.

Go to C;\Program Files\Microsoft Games and create a new folder there named Combat Flight Simulator 3.

The new pathway should read: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator 3 exactly. You also can't have (x86) in that pathway. So, if you don't have a folder named Microsoft Games (Not nMicrosoft Games (x86), simply create one before you make the Combat Flight Simulator 3 folder.

Be sure to spell it correctly.

Then run the installer normally and it should put the contents into the dummy folder.

Then simply copy and paste the contents of the dummy folder into your CFS3 main game folder.

hairyspin
May 12th, 2012, 01:12
--:kilroy:-- In Win7 64-bit there are folders called Microsoft Games in both Program Files and Program Files (x86) by default, so like Grizz says.

grover1
May 12th, 2012, 09:57
I tried the dummy install and it didn't work. My pathway reads C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator 3. The installer is still putting files in the x86 folder.

Mathias
May 12th, 2012, 13:57
Yes, just as it's supposed to do. The installer looks for the CFS3 exe path in the registry and puts everything into the right places. No need to move files manually.
Should work from XP OS all the way through win7 and with all language versions.
If you really need a dummy installtion go on as follows:
Rename your original CFS3 installation in the x86 folder temporary to something else, next create a new folder with the name of your CFS3 install just next to your original install.
Copy your CFS3.exe over to this dummy folder and run the Bf110 installer.
Rename the dummy folder to something else and your original CFS3 folder back to it's original name.
Now you can move the Bf110 content to wherever you want.

grover1
May 12th, 2012, 17:11
Got them to work! Thanks for your help everyone!

Thanks