PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer trouble, my aircraft invisible

greycap.raf
December 26th, 2008, 07:59
I've been hosting a couple of private dogfights today. Using both my main install (the one with three years of modding in it) and a dedicated MP install (a stock 3.1a with AvHistory weapons, pylons, ETO scenery and NEK) I, or should I say we, have run into an odd problem. My aircraft is invisible to others. I see the other aircraft normally as well as my own, oddly enough my "distance marker" can be seen by the others, but my aircraft has pulled off some neat hideaway trick. I've hosted before with the main install and everything worked back then.

Is this the result of too much Christmas beer or is there something else going on?

lewis11777
December 26th, 2008, 08:17
You might think of this as a tactical advantage! :costumes:

grizzly50
December 26th, 2008, 08:29
:kilroy:Greycap.raf, did this happen only once, or every time you tried. I know that in standard stock CFS3 MP games this happens occaisionally. I have never heard of reason as to why. It's kind of like ghosts. Ghosts occur when someone leaves the game when still in the air. If only once, just shut the game down and restart, that's the way hosts handle these and ghosts. If it's happening a lot, or every time, this may take some more thought. Everyone in your game should have everything installed that you have, especially planes. There are exceptions, though.:d

greycap.raf
December 26th, 2008, 08:42
Three times out of three, doesn't mean it can't be occasional but on the other hand it doesn't sound like it. There were only two of us in the game every time and neither of us left before I called the game to an end.

As pointed out in the first post my install is very basic to prevent mismatches, the only aircraft allowed in the games were tested to work. What makes it all the more weird is that the problem occurs not only with my MP install but also with my main install that has pretty much every bell and whistle I've got my hands on. Makes me believe that it's not dependant on what I have installed. Odd, really odd.

--- NEW ADDITIONS AFTER FURTHER TESTING ---

It's clearly aircraft dependant. For some reason my Tempest Mk V, a home built AvHistory-based standalone is invisible. I tried an AvH Me 262 and it worked flawlessly. I've heard (and seen) aircraft causing mismatches but I've never seen one of them being invisible. I'll conduct further testing.