PDA

View Full Version : Building your Home Cockpit

gera
December 26th, 2008, 06:17
Hi Guys....
I finally got my "home cockpit" (Stage I) going. I always wanted to make one since the sim experience is really enhanced if you are somehow "enclosed" in the plane and the sky surrounds you without other distractions....I dinīt want to make a big contraption and was willing to put as little money as possible ,but get a nice outfit.
You can make one for around $400.00 for the hardware(not counting your PC) and the "cockpit for less than $ 15.00!!!!!!!".....sure just buy yourself 3 sheets of Foam Board and some brown and black cardboard to cover and strengthen it and you all set...:kilroy:

Hardware to start: Yoke, Pedals, "Desktop-Aviator" Autopilot Panel and their Avionics 8 switch panel (both for less than 200 buckaroos!!). I use two 19" monitors which have enticed me to go to four before the end of 2009!!!! with the extended view you get 38" of sky in full technicolor!!!!! :icon_lol:

Turn the roomīs light off, start the sim, sit down and fly "inside" your preferite aeroplane and fly man, fly!!!!!!!......for less than $ 15.00 if you donīt want to spend any money on the additional hardware:friday::applause::applause:

MCDesigns
December 26th, 2008, 06:31
Cool deal, I used to want to build a home pit with FS9, till I started doing more real flying.
I realized the experience in FS will never come as close to the real deal in my mind. I think it's the lack of the actual danger factor and the peripheral sensations that make the difference for me.
I also fly to many aircraft to have a sim of just one built. I tried to confine myself to one aircraft a few times, but I couldn't do it, LOL. If I did build a simpit, it would probably be a Huey pit :applause:

gera
December 26th, 2008, 06:37
Hi Michael....Make one like I did. I fly all kinds of planes from big jets to bush planes and hellis...its a "General" cockpit....Iīll take some pics and youīll see how easy its is and you do get a better "feel"...
...you are right, I flew for 16 years and nothing can give you the real feeling, only a real plane can...but the sim is a fun substitute...