PDA

View Full Version : Please Help..I want to run CFS2 In Windows 7

casey jones
May 10th, 2012, 09:03
I have been away from CFS2 for a long time...but the time has come to re-new my love for the game, I did install CFS2 on my very fast quad PC with a Nividea high card I think it is a 545 model? It installed very well and what I noticed was the color of certain letters were pink. I went for a free flight, as I sat in the cockpit I saw that the sky had squares in it and the ground had squares also I went to the box for advanced graphics to check the boxes but they remained blank also the box for checking accelaration hardware would not allow me to check the box. I would appreciate any advice.

Cheers

Casey:icon_lol:

Worthless
May 11th, 2012, 06:57
I don't think I'm qualified to give advice, but I know Win7 will run CFS2. I'm running it on an HP model e9227c desktop. Your basic off the rack job. Nothing special. Intel Core 2Quad CPU Q9300 @ 2.50 GHZ, 8.00 GB and 64-bit Operating System.

Now I don't know what any of that means, but I switched over from XP 2 yrs ago to Win7 and the only serious problem was some bmp files (mostly rear view mirrors in some AC Packages)in CFS2 were set at a resolution that conflicted with Win.7. Otherwise, it was just a matter of tinkering with the Settings to get things working. I do remember some of the text was sort of pink, but now it isn't and I can't tell you what I did to change it.

I know this doesn't tell you how to fix your problem, but it is fixable.

Buddha13
May 12th, 2012, 07:39
Hi all.
It has been sometime since i played with CFS2. Only came back today because some one has been reposting some of my converted models without asking.I have no problems with them posting them,But they are coming up that I have posted them, I have not.
Anyway the pink letters is a problem that has accured quite often in XP as well as Vista and W7, For me it just sorted of corrected itself.I think it may have happened with a driver change.I have run CFS2 with W7 quite successfully so not sure why you are having the blocky graphics problem.I can suggest that you get some of the more high res bmp files for sky and terrain that are available.that may help.

Good hunting.

Buddha13

casey jones
May 14th, 2012, 08:46
Thank you all for your advice. I have two PCs, one is my high end quad GEFORCE 545, the one that only showed blocky graphics...then I loaded CFS2 to my low end PC with a GTC250 card and it worked. The graphics are very very good and I can check all boxes in the grahic settings now. I can only think that CFS2 did not like my high end PC and likes my lower end card and AMD PC.

Cheers

Casey

nik112
May 15th, 2012, 02:50
Hi all
when installing the game everything goes fine,but if you want to uninstall it you can do it only with uninstall icon inside the game folder and not from control panel-add/remove software. Its that ok?