PDA

View Full Version : i dont know how i feel about this....

Daveroo
May 10th, 2012, 08:59
i dont care much for mayfield,he whined alot,was a self roclaimed permadonna .( meaning he thought he was better on track then he was),,he had a heavy set wife when i first knew of who he was years ago and dumped her for the "trophy wife",,and that burned my backside anyway...he refuses to admit he has a drug problem which is typical of a true abuser.....never his fault..allways the other persons fault,been there done that...i didnt drink beer cause i had a problem,i drank because my dad drove me nuts..all his fault.....sigh....was good excuse then anyway....back to mayfield...i know the postal people have certin rights we cant change...but she should have left a note for him to come to the post office to pick the package up...when there are no tresspassing signs...they usually have little meaning..but when you have a no trespassing and a beware of dogs sign behind a closed gate...use your head and dont enter....the dogs dont know your uniform gives you certin rights.....

and by that "certin rights" here in my area anyway...the mail carrier has the right to walk where ever makes the route the shortest..excample is..the nieghbors have a level yards..nothing between them...no barrier...the mailman would walk from one mailbox mounted next to the door across the graas to the next houses front door,and it was killing the grass and making a dirt trail right across the two lawns...the one nighbor is very OCD about his yard and complained..loudly...and the postmaster responded by cutting off his mail delievery..also PG&E ( pacific gas and electric) as well as the placer county water agincy have rules,(ordinces) in place ,they can walk across lawns at will,they can even cut bushes,trees,pull up plants that may block access,,and you have no recourse...

Postal worker wins $1 million from Mayfield in dog attack: On Wednesday, a Forsyth County judge ordered former NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayfield to pay $1 million to a Catawba [NC] postal carrier attacked last year by Mayfield's five pitbulls. This is the latest salvo against Mayfield, whose home was auctioned off for failing to pay about $3 million he owed on the property. He also faces drug-possession, larceny and stolen goods charges in three North Carolina counties and was suspended from NASCAR in 2009 for testing positive for methamphetamine. Judge William Z. Wood of Forsyth Superior Court awarded Mary E. Bolton $1 million. Bolton, who lives in Catawba County, filed a lawsuit against Mayfield and his wife, Shana Mayfield, in June in Forsyth Superior Court. The suit was filed in Forsyth because Bolton's attorney, Marc Madonia, is based in Winston-Salem, NC. Bolton alleged that the Mayfields were negligent in allowing the dogs, pitbull/Labrador mixes, to run loose on their property in Catawba County. She was delivering mail the morning of April 21, 2011, and had a package too large for the mailbox outside the Mayfields' gate. She drove through the gate, past "No Trespassing" and "Beware of Dogs" signs, to deliver the package and encountered the dogs that attacked her. Mayfield heard the commotion, shouted at the dogs to scatter them and carried Bolton into the house. He and his wife called 911, and Bolton was taken to Catawba Medical Center for treatment. Animal control confiscated the dogs from Mayfield, but no criminal charges were filed against him. The dogs were later euthanized. Bolton suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder and has nerve damage, Madonia said.(in part from the Morganton News Herald (http://www2.morganton.com/news/2012/may/09/postal-worker-wins-1-million-from-former-nascar-dr-ar-2262349/))(5-9-2012)

Terry
May 10th, 2012, 09:53
Mayfield created Mayfields problems. When given the opportunity to clean himself up and straighten out his life, he declined.

On the other hand I side with Mayfield on the dog issue. They were on his property with warning signs displayed. The postal employee should have taken the package back to the PO.

stiz
May 10th, 2012, 10:18
Personaly as a dog owner i say they both share the fault (though the post person more than mayfield). The worker was stupid to just ignore all signs and carry on regardless, but the mayfield, knowing dogs were running free, should have made it so that nobody could just walk in and made it really damn clear that dogs were running free and might bite, or allow a "safe" passage up to the house.