PDA

View Full Version : File Library??

Reddog
May 10th, 2012, 08:45
What happened to the FS9 and FSX files all I ever see anymore are stuff for the old combat sims.

Naismith
May 10th, 2012, 09:52
..... and why does ever new CFS2 listing get an entry in the Whats New threads. They knock out other real comments. :icon_eek:

Roger
May 10th, 2012, 10:09
Basically the CFS2 repository is being placed in the new library. I would imagine that it will be completed soon.

Rami
May 10th, 2012, 14:35
Naismith, RedDog, and others,

Canelo_Kid informed me that the VBulliten software that is used for the archive is a security risk, so come August, the older archive will be no more. What I have been doing is running a coordinated effort to get ALL the files for ALL the sims from the old library to the new library. I'm working through the sims, and all the files have to flow through my hands as the head librarian, as I try to coordinate and catalog them.

I've been combining uploaded files with patches and fixes to try and streamline the process.

I discovered today, however, that I can adjust the submission date to reflect when the file was actually uploaded, so that way it will not affect the new library list. I will do that from now on.

However, I cannot do anything about a thread being started, that happens automatically.

P.S. - If you feel that you can do a better job, you're welcome to try your hand at transferring over all the files from the archive, working doggedly for free, and I'll grab a beer, light up the barbeque, and grill some steaks.

Roger
May 10th, 2012, 14:40
He he,
I don't think there will be any takers Rami:ernae:

Dain Arns
May 10th, 2012, 15:07
Hmmm.
On the subject of the file library...

Been trying to get repaints for the WOP3 P-40B this evening from the FSX Skins library.
Every one I attempt to download ends up being exactly 216kb in size.
Of course I get a corrupted archive error when I attempt to open it.
Tried using IE and Firefox, same result, same size.

Oh and now my 'allowance' is up because apparently I have been charged for the full download sizes, but only getting 216kb in return. :isadizzy:
Anyone want to look into this please?

modelr
May 10th, 2012, 16:05
Hmmm.

Been trying to get repaints for the WOP3 P-40B this evening from the FSX Skins library.

Oh and now my 'allowance' is up because apparently I have been charged for the full download sizes, but only getting 216kb in return. :isadizzy:

I just checked my download of the Chi-Chi-Jima scenery in the new files list, and it is only 1kb in size, and won't open. Seems all the files in the library that I click on and download are this way!

Rami
May 10th, 2012, 16:08
Good evening,

I have a hunch that the server might have to be reset. I'll talk to Canelo and Ickie. The odd thing is...it's only affecting users. It's not happening to me...strange.

Rich
May 10th, 2012, 16:09
Hmmm.

I get the same with a RN skin for a donation ware wildcat, uploaded in the last couple of days, 6 failed attempts gets 216kb of the download of 1.? Mb

racartron
May 10th, 2012, 16:11
I am also getting nothing but corrupt downloads this afternoon. Just tried several fsX Kodiak Quests, Warsimbirds and even the latest Nemeth AS350(which I don't even have -- just testing). All are coming down as corrupt in 216kb.

The actual message is : "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged."

Rami
May 10th, 2012, 16:17
Hey guys,

Let me talk to Canelo and Ickie, and get back to you. Hang tight.

heywooood
May 10th, 2012, 17:20
Hey guys,

Let me talk to Canelo and Ickie, and get back to you. Hang tight.

Thank you for all your hard work maintaining the library et al. Rami - it must be a pain at times

I was able to acquire both the old A-26 files and the new updated FSX files for the A-26 yesterday with no problems

josepicos
May 10th, 2012, 18:37
FINALLY I SEE PEOPLE WHO ARE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM!!:wavey::salute:

racartron
May 10th, 2012, 19:30
Looks like the SOH Gurus have done their thing yet one more time. Just finished downloading all my Kodiak Quest liveries and they are complete.

Thanks again Guys for all you do to keep us OCD users hooked.

Rami
May 10th, 2012, 19:37
Good evening,

I'm still going to wait until tomorrow morning before I start putting files in again. :salute:

Rami
May 11th, 2012, 12:55
Good afternoon,

I went and backdated all of the files related to the library transfer, leaving only three pages of genuinely new downloads and/or ones I could not find reliable dates for in the warbirds archive.

All other add-ons have been backdated in the "what's new" section from the last fifteen days, reflecting their original dates of submission in the warbirds archive. They have not been removed, not to worry.

I want to try to keep the "what's new" section for exactly that, during this process. The starting of threads, however, is something I cannot do anything about.

I trust this will be satisfactory for you. :salute: