PDA

View Full Version : Doing touch and goes at Cushman... DANG!

Lionheart
May 9th, 2012, 23:03
LOL..... Double Dang!

I have been working so hard, I havent had a chance to just 'play' in the new ORBX scenery I purchased a couple of weeks ago. Well, tonight, I did. I decided to do some recon around the mountains and rivers near Cushman, found Bear Gulch!!! (Tripple Dang, landing on a bridge!!!! ack! ). Lived through that and did some more flying and then I decided to shoot some touch and goes at Cushman. Man, that is one tight airstrip! Goodness.... If landing on the 18 side, you have to turn fast before the mountain and execute a steep descent. After nearly hitting a 172 that was taking off via 36, I did a Yuey (180) and did a couple of touch and bumps on the RWY 36 side. Alot more friendly, aside from that power line with the orange balls, and not to mention, the giant laser towers (trees) lining the Death Star trench on the approach.

I need a glass of grapes to settle myself down! Nice....!

I love the terrain scenery. These guys have signs of mining in the mountains, mountain roads on mesa like cuttings in the mountains, like in Phoenix up north. Some amazing terrain via the FTX NA PNW scenery pack. For a couple of years now, everyone told me to get it. Finally did. SCHWEEEEEET!

luckydog
May 10th, 2012, 03:34
Hope they come out with a direct download to P3D soon !!!

Lionheart
May 10th, 2012, 10:51
Hope they come out with a direct download to P3D soon !!!

Im sure they will. P3D seems to be taking off very smoothly. It runs this scenery so much better.

I cant believe how good Cushman runs with this update, lol... The first one, build 100, was hard on frame rates. I had most of the various Flow items turned off, now some are back on, and frames are at max limit. Nice...!

Bill