PDA

View Full Version : USB flight controller woes - FSX and P3D

roger-wilco-66
May 9th, 2012, 22:33
Oh my. I bought a webcam (Logi c270) for experimenting with facetracknoir (which works well btw) but had to rearrange the USB connections (saitek throttle, CH fighter stick, ch rudders).
Now the whole setup is thoroughly messed up. The saitek throttle quadrant's axis gets mixed up with the stick and the rudder pedals (e.g. the prop rpm axis is now the rudder axis, the mixture is pitch and so on). I disconnected all, even manually removed the entries and configurations in the registry and FSX/P3d controls.xml to no avail. As soon as I reconnect the stuff it's a bloody mess again.
I suspect it's a windows thing - maybe there's a trick I don't know yet to get that to work again - anybody?

Cheers,
Mark

Dangerous Beans
May 10th, 2012, 09:28
FSX always did get confused if you swapped USB plugs about
Best fix is to set your controls with FSUIPC and set it to "AutoAssignLetters" (has to be set manually in the FSUIPC.ini)

Dangerousdave26
May 10th, 2012, 14:55
That condition holds true for FS9 also. The issue is when you plug the device into a different port Windows installs it as a new device and assigns it a new GUID number. FS9 and FSX have no choice but to treat it as a new device and load the associated defaults with it.