PDA

View Full Version : 182 FDE support needed

bstolle
May 9th, 2012, 22:28
Hi folks,

If you are interested in a very high quality FDE for the new Carenado 182 FDE I could really use your help, as I was surprised that I couldn't find any pilot reports on the internet.
Any link or personal 182 experience from you guys would help.
My 182 experience isn't really relevant as it's approx 30 ago that I flew a 182.
AFAIK the 182 has been developed from the 180/185.
So if some of you have the Carenado 182 or the 185 (new FDE) any input would be appreciated about the differences.
I even looked at the default 172, the (fs9) RealAir 172, and the Aerofly FS 172.
If someone knows an active 182 pilot who could do a few real tests, this would be great of course!

Best regards

Bernt

Firekitten
May 10th, 2012, 07:17
I was going to reply to this on bushpounders Bernt, but the forum software is cacked up for me so....

Contrasting with the original carenado 182, it needs a way stiffer shock on the nose gear, and the brakes are a tad odd... way too sharp. You know cessna's toebrakes aren't the stiffest I'm sure.

I've had chance to fly a 182q, but not a turbo as this is... so its highly likely that its a totally different perspective, but anyway...

Contrasting with a 172, it felt stiffer... heavier, as though a pendulum was suddenly larger in turns, but with increased power making that weight feel more agile. It was stiffer in sideslips, and quite cumbersome in the flare from what I recall... like you had to drag its nose skyward to ensure things touched properly.
I don't have much time with them, so this is just personal feelings from what i did notice.

pbearsailor
May 10th, 2012, 07:44
quite cumbersome in the flare from what I recall... like you had to drag its nose skyward to ensure things touched properly.
I don't have much time with them, so this is just personal feelings from what i did notice.

Nothing recent for me either, but that is my memory of them too.

-steve

fliger747
May 10th, 2012, 09:47
Bernt:

Unfortunatly my 182 expereince is about 30 years ago as well, though I remember it as a really nice smooth, solid and fairly fast plane. More recent experience in 185's and 180's. That was back in an era when a checkout consisted of reading the manual, such as it was, and there's the plane, have at it.....

Cheers: Tom

kilo delta
May 10th, 2012, 11:48
Is this manual (http://textron.vo.llnwd.net/o25/CES/cessna_aircraft_docs/single_engine/skylane/skylanetc_pim.pdf) of use?

bstolle
May 11th, 2012, 23:42
Thanx for the response. That's pretty much how I remember the 182 as well and gives me a nice picture of how the 'new' one should behave...
Got the manual and all the necessary technical data, but that alone would be too little to simulate the personality of the 182.

Best regards

Bernt