PDA

View Full Version : MILE HIGH SIMS - KNKX NAS MIRAMAR TOP GUN FSX

letourn
May 9th, 2012, 15:45
Available at secure.Simmarket

http://secure.simmarket.com/mile-high-sims-knkx-nas-miramar-top-gun-fsx-(fr_6364).phtml

I am wondering if someone got it and if its worth the money.

I am using MAIW scenery for fs9 on FSX but its a bit hard on my FPS

TARPSBird
May 9th, 2012, 19:08
letourn,
I haven't purchased this yet but I probably will. Like you I'm waiting for some feedback from somebody who's already tried it out.
Judging by the screenshots I'd say Mile High has done a super job of reproducing Miramar (at least the flight line related portion) as it was in the 1980's. They've even included the Fleet Air Photo Lab building (where I used to work) just down the street from the Air Terminal. The two RF-8G Crusaders parked near Hangar 3 looked out of place, Hangar 3 was strictly Tomcat country. In the 1980's the Crusaders (what few were left) were assigned to VFP-63 (my old squadron) and would be parked near Hangar 2 where we had our spaces. That's just a small nitpick and certainly doesn't detract from the quality of the overall package. E-2 and F-14 guys would probably pick up similar details on the other static aircraft. Compared to the very basic default Miramar in FSX, this looks to be a vast improvement.

Cag40Navy
May 9th, 2012, 20:40
Looks pretty good.