PDA

View Full Version : FS-REcorder V 1.331 works!

roger-wilco-66
May 9th, 2012, 08:42
Thank god! Although not as comfortable as the newest version, the older V 1.331 version works well under P3D.
I used the manual installation (edit dll.xml) and saved the fsrecorderfsx.dll in a folder of your choice). Set a reference in the dll.xml fsrecorder entry to this folder. I used a folder that is outside the UAC folder structure.

Cheers,
Mark

Lionheart
May 9th, 2012, 08:52
Thanks for the heads up Mark.

:icon29:

DX-FMJ
May 9th, 2012, 16:50
So you are saying the new versions don't work?

stovall
May 9th, 2012, 19:55
New beta versions don't work. Matthias says he will be checking into P3D for the futures. Mark gave me the heads up on version 1.331 for FSX. It worked perfectly in P3D with the manual install. His description of the manual install is very accurate. You can download the manual install version from the Flight Recorders website downloads (http://www.fs-recorder.net/downloads.php). All tests are positive so far. Any version above this seem to have problems in P3D.

roger-wilco-66
May 9th, 2012, 21:59
Did anybody try the experimental video rendering version for FSX?

http://www.fs-recorder.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=564

stovall
May 10th, 2012, 07:14
Mark, anything 2.0 and above doesn't seem to work. I get a crash before P3D finishes loading. When I use 1.331 I get an initial crash and the warning about this version FSRecorder is not compatible. If I try to reload a second time, all works well. The FSRecorder can be found under Addons in the top menu once P3D is running. After the first successful load, when you check the FSRecorder folder you will see the RSRecorder. ini and log files have been created.

ZEUS67
May 10th, 2012, 09:11
Just a heads up. Prepar3D is unstable when an add-on does not use simconnect. Any attempt at reading variables directly from the program can crash it. Remember that Lockheed Martin is updating the software constantly and what may work today will not tomorrow.

This is one of the main issues why TrackIR does not work natively with P3D.