PDA

View Full Version : Finally I Got FSX To Run Properly

strikehawk
May 7th, 2012, 22:51
Broke down got a new PC with enough RAM, a good processor and a heavy duty video card. Now I have everything slid to max and still get 20FPS, that's what I have my frames set to for the server purposes. I cannot believe the change. My only gripe is that my Admin status on both TS2 and TS3 did not copy to the new PC. I figure it will take another week to grab everything I need and move it from the old machine to the new.

Naismith
May 7th, 2012, 23:41
Finally I Got FSX To Run Properly.

Brave words. I hope you had your fingers crossed and were touching wood when you typed that. Talk about tempting fate.:pop4::icon31::pop4::isadizzy::kilroy:

Dain Arns
May 8th, 2012, 09:44
Finally I Got FSX To Run Properly.

Brave words. I hope you had your fingers crossed and were touching wood when you typed that. Talk about tempting fate.:pop4::icon31::pop4::isadizzy::kilroy:

Always with them negative waves, Moriarty... :icon_lol:

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KuStsFW4EmQ" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

I'm getting similar results with my new system.
Sweet spot is 24 for me, smooth as glass, never dips below 23.
1900x1080, All sliders full right, Orbx PNW over Portland, with their freeware Portland activated. In 3D.

FSX can run smooth and be very beautiful, after hundreds of dollars in add-ons, and 5 years worth of technology advancement.
But its worth it.
No longer a chore to start up, I'm flying in under a couple minutes, I actually look forward to quick flights now.

One crash to desktop, but I remembered I had a similar problem in Vista and installed the "uiautomationcore.dll" fix.
No problems after dropping that into the FSX root directory so far...(Knocking on wood, salt over shoulder...) ;)

cheezyflier
May 8th, 2012, 13:51
"FSX can run smooth and be very beautiful, after hundreds of dollars in add-ons, and 5 years worth of technology advancement.
But its worth it.
No longer a chore to start up, I'm flying in under a couple minutes, I actually look forward to quick flights now."

i remember about 5 yrs ago, or so, when people were saying that same thing about fs9 :icon_lol: