PDA

View Full Version : Panel texture & gauge placement

brettt777
December 25th, 2008, 14:53
I have a T-38A that I am trying to get the panel to work in. It has several textures in the texture directory that appear to be put on the panel by some other means than the panel.cfg. I guess that's okay or maybe even normal. But I cannot get a gauge to appear on it at all, no matter which one of these textures I use or don't use. It doesn't tell me that the gauge won't work or is the wrong format; it just doesn't appear. I assume these textures are put in place by the .mdl file maybe...? When a model is made there are textures assigned to each surface or whatever, right? So if these textures are on the panel surface, shouldn't I just be able to assign a gauge a spot on that texture? Or am I way off base here?

FelixFFDS
December 25th, 2008, 15:00
Just because a panel (the physical mesh) is textured does not mean that those are textures "available" to the VC.

Usually, all textures calle out in the VC section of the panel.cfg - and therefore "available" are also placed in the panel folder.

Piglet
December 25th, 2008, 15:06
On my planes the panels are tex'd just like the wings, tires, etc. Mapped to the polys in the model. The gauges are mapped to seperate polys positioned correctly on/in the panel polys. The gauge tex's are the ones that the name starts with $.