PDA

View Full Version : ORBX releases Migrator Tool

AussieMan
May 4th, 2012, 22:45
Just a heads up. ORBX have released the long awaited Migrator Tool.

Crusader
May 5th, 2012, 01:41
Thanks for the HU Pat .:jump: I'm glad I got up early over in the Eastern Time zone in Ohio . I suspect their server might get a bit busy today .:running:

Rich

stovall
May 5th, 2012, 07:55
Thanks for the heads up AussieMan.

Lionheart
May 5th, 2012, 09:28
Awesome! I for one have been waiting for this.

Bill

DX-FMJ
May 5th, 2012, 10:45
If you use fsx yes this tool is worth it, but I don't use fsx anymore and I am not about to use it as a host for addons.

I have many ORBX sceneries installed and working fine for over a month now using symlink (http://code.google.com/p/symlinker/)

Lionheart
May 5th, 2012, 20:55
I cant find it!!! (sigh... )

EDIT: Found it. Googled it and found it right off.

Lionheart
May 5th, 2012, 23:30
Is anyone else having problems?

MarkH
May 6th, 2012, 00:56
Is anyone else having problems?

Yes, it doesn't seem to migrate Oz properly for me. It's all there but the FTX Central doesn't do its switching thing so the autogen is wrong.

AussieMan
May 6th, 2012, 02:37
Read of similar problems on the ORBX forums.

I must have been lucky as I got everything to work first go. Even FTX Central has all three areas. Default, Oceania and North America. Just might have been my lucky day.

Crusader
May 6th, 2012, 04:47
My FTX Central only listed default and North America for me , but I only fly in North America and the switch went very smoothly and after I clicked on North America , all were there and worked fine . ORBX scenery is absolutely gorgeous . I did run into a minor Win7 problem on my setup . Every time I clicked on "P3D lights Day and the P3D Nights Only" exe file that gets placed on the desktop I get a security error , even after trying to change the FTXLights_P3D_Day.exe security settings(right clicking on exe and then under Properties\Security and changing to FUll Adminstrator rights . I've tried to run the files under admin and still get the Win7 error . I'll fool around and come up with the combination sometime . In the mean time all ORBX scenery in Prepar3D is there and fully functional . The Light Switcher can wait . The FTX AERO for Prepar3d worked fine also .

Rich

italoc
May 6th, 2012, 05:16
Everything OK !!!! :applause:
Very happy and easy to use
Italo

VCN-1
May 6th, 2012, 09:28
Does the dll.xml file get updated with scenery flow dlls statements?

If it does then the tool did not work for me.

VCN-1

Lionheart
May 6th, 2012, 09:48
Updated. I cannot believe how much grass there is now!

I need to trim things down as my frames went from 20 down to 9-12. :blind:

Crusader
May 6th, 2012, 09:58
Does the dll.xml file get updated with scenery flow dlls statements?

If it does then the tool did not work for me.

VCN-1

Apparently it does but sorry to say I can't answer why or how due to my lack of computer knowledge .

Rich

MarkH
May 6th, 2012, 10:18
Here's another hint - don't forget to run Aero from the Tools menu of FTX Central. This will give you much better ground and default runway textures. (So long since I ran it in FSX I forgot it existed!)

VCN-1
May 7th, 2012, 05:33
I copied/moved all my ORBX scenery to P3D.

I ran the Migration Tool and it placed the updated scenery obj DLLs in the proper scenery folder and changed the dll.xml showing the updated file in P3D ORBX related scenery files.

All is good. Everything shows up.

One or 2 other items to overcome, unrelated to ORBX, and FSX will be shut down permanently.

VCN-1

Lionheart
May 7th, 2012, 10:18
I copied/moved all my ORBX scenery to P3D.

I ran the Migration Tool and it placed the updated scenery obj DLLs in the proper scenery folder and changed the dll.xml showing the updated file in P3D ORBX related scenery files.

All is good. Everything shows up.

One or 2 other items to overcome, unrelated to ORBX, and FSX will be shut down permanently.

VCN-1

Nice!

You might keep a basic FSX in there for when you come across Installers that only wish to install into a folder with FSX.exe in it, where you can then gather the pieces and install over into P3D.

AussieMan
May 7th, 2012, 14:35
Nice!

You might keep a basic FSX in there for when you come across Installers that only wish to install into a folder with FSX.exe in it, where you can then gather the pieces and install over into P3D.

Bill,

To get files to install into P3D I copied the FSX.exe file into P3D and ran the FSX Registry Tool. Now aircraft like A2A can be installed direct to P3D.

Lionheart
May 7th, 2012, 21:36
Bill,

To get files to install into P3D I copied the FSX.exe file into P3D and ran the FSX Registry Tool. Now aircraft like A2A can be installed direct to P3D.

BRILLIANT!

So that does work....

I had heard of people using a common text file, renamed to FSX.exe and things would thing install into that folder.

Great to have a smooth running sim 'AND' our fave scenery and planes running in it fine.

Bill