PDA

View Full Version : Kamov_A-7-3.zip

Rami
May 4th, 2012, 12:51
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/soh_ftp/uploads/imageuploads/214413361646914545.jpg
A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - Russian

Description: Kamov A-7-3

Soviet autogyro.
Two prototypes reportedly used during the Winter War against Finland and later a squadron of five aircraft used on Eastern Front as artillery spotters at the battle of Yelnya in August 1942. Armed with three machine guns ( two in rear gunner's position and one through propeller ). Could carry four 100kg bombs or six rockets ( two fired backwards ).

This folder comes with all the files necessary to have either a wheeled or a ski version of the aircraft. There are separate model and texture folders for each. ( Or you could make two complete aircraft ).

The prop blurs are, as ever, by Kelticheart.
The .air file, adapted by Peperez, is from Greg Law's Fi 156.
The .dp file, adapted by me, is also from the Fi 156.
Peperez also tweaked the contact points so that only one is required to cover both versions. Thanks Pepe.

My thanks go to them for making the task easier.

Unfortunately it is not possible to fire a rocket backwards so I have only put in the forward firing ones.

The panel is a complete invention by me using Russian gauges which, if you have other Soviet aircraft, you will probably have in your gauges folder.

FLYING TIPS : When taking off - start engine with minimum throttle and gradually increase otherwise the bird will self destruct on the runway ( I think this is a contact points problem but I'm too dumb to be able to cure it. )

When landing the ski version - particularly on non-runway surfaces - come in as slow as you like ( under 25 kts if you can manage it ) slightly nose up and you should be OK.

Sorry about this unreliability but I just haven't been able to cure it - if someone can I'd be very grateful.

As usual, all errors are mine.

baldy

MFeilden@talktalk.net

Febraury 2008

Strictly FREEWARE and only available at Sim-Outhouse.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Kamov_A-7-3.zip (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=6710&catid=51)
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.