PDA

View Full Version : Vertical lines !!??!!

luckydog
May 4th, 2012, 12:39
Anybody experience this before ????
I loaded some aircraft today and all of a sudden these vertical wavy lines show up !!
How do I get rid of them ?? I've gotten rid of the aircraft I loaded but the lines are still there.........:isadizzy:

Lionheart
May 4th, 2012, 13:02
Ive seen those in FSX but not in P3D.

Have you tried rebooting the sim to clear the memory?

I found out that if you 'reload user aircraft', that you also reload the entire AI world flight plans, doubling them. So if you reload your plane 3 times, you have 3 sets of AI running, which will bring your system to its knees quickly. I had saved a flight like that and if I boot up in it, its very low in frame rates. But if I boot up in other flights, its super fast in frame rates.

So... If you reloaded your plane a few times, and saved the point (maybe a few times) then you may be experiencing some huge ram useage, which with FSX experience has some wild side effects like gray and black planes, spikes going into space, flashing texture tiles on the ground, etc. Extreme memory use.

Bill

Roger
May 4th, 2012, 13:42
Looks to me like Fs9 fx files (that don't work in FsX) rather than the autogen spikes you get in FsX when taxing the video card.

CG_1976
May 4th, 2012, 13:59
Thermal effects??

AussieMan
May 4th, 2012, 15:41
I noticed the same thing while at a coastal airport. I have just done a computer reformat and will be reinstalling both FSX and P3D. Will see what happens. Someone said on the ORBX forums that it might have something with Their scenery being ported over with the SBSLs and something to do with the wake effects for the boats.

luckydog
May 4th, 2012, 16:14
Thermal effects??

They sure look like thermals..............upward movement and slightly undulating.
What's weird is that they're only over water with land nearby. ?!?

Looks like re-install # 4 coming up......!!

billythe
May 4th, 2012, 21:00
The Ozone Hole effectsseriously, i have experienceds tooalso but only for an instant when a move around fastly with joystick and only when the simulator start then no more when i change aircraft

Lionheart
May 4th, 2012, 21:30
Kind of looks like a laser show, LD. :icon_eek:

I know one developer long ago was making a ship for FSX and had this issue. The effect was pointing upwards into the sky. Took him a while to get things right.

Bill

AussieMan
May 4th, 2012, 22:46
Look more like waterspouts.

ananda
May 4th, 2012, 23:41
They look like con-trails at 90 degrees to their intended path.

roger-wilco-66
May 5th, 2012, 01:20
These are bow / stern wake effects from ships. You probably have an old wake effekt in your effects folder.

luckydog
May 5th, 2012, 15:19
After a clean re-install and everything looking good, I loaded N.E. Airlines 1958 Livery Volpar (nevolpx) and whamo !!!! Vertical wakes !!!
I should have paid attention to all the warnings in the "read me".
I also have my doubts about the Dornier Seastar CD-2 (Seastar_3_x) file on my system.........................be careful !!

LD

Lionheart
May 5th, 2012, 17:14
Glad you found it LD!

Set up a warning beacon....!

Lionheart
May 5th, 2012, 22:53
I'll see you and raise you 10! (Poker talk).

Just got the ORBX migration tool in. :D

Lionheart
May 6th, 2012, 09:50
Seems to be happening in ORBX area's after flying a while. I am certain this is virtual memory related as my computer is crashing with that statement.

VRAM... must have more VRAM!!!! :icon_eek:

Meshman
May 6th, 2012, 11:40
Bill, when you boot into XP is it with the /3gb switch? That will help some with the spikes, along with turning down some scenery settings to lessen the load.

Lionheart
May 6th, 2012, 13:45
Bill, when you boot into XP is it with the /3gb switch? That will help some with the spikes, along with turning down some scenery settings to lessen the load.

Hey MeshMan,

Its running on 3 gigs of its 4 gigs of RAM, yep. WinXP32.