PDA

View Full Version : Time to brag about your FSX Christmas gifts thread

limjack
December 25th, 2008, 12:11
For me, I got nothing related to FSX but my wife did offer. I told her next year we can talk about a rudder pedals and other fun toys related to FSX. I am interested what others may have got so start bragging.

Jim

Panther_99FS
December 25th, 2008, 12:16
I'll give my 'official' response to this in about March or so....:icon_lol:

MCDesigns
December 25th, 2008, 12:28
Christmas gifts?? what's that?

Being single, I just buy for the family and my GF, mostly gift cards exchanged, but I did take the GF on a shopping spree..............................won't do that again :banghead::isadizzy:

FAC257
December 25th, 2008, 12:37
Last year I loaded up on flightsim goodies. I went real low key this year.

The only thing I got for myself was ActiveSky Advanced.

grunau_baby
December 25th, 2008, 12:51
Well, a pure materialist as I am:costumes: I couldn´t hold myself back on:
1. http://secure.simmarket.com/aerosoft-online-f-16-fighting-falcon-x-(de_3293).phtml
(on my list too long to resist any more)
2. some usefull addition to my FSX world
http://secure.simmarket.com/scenery-tech-europe-landclass-(de_3055).phtml (doesn´t solve all the problems, but improves a lot)
3. and some more eyecandy for my few-days-holiday
http://secure.simmarket.com/pc-aviator-megascenery-x-renotahoe-(de_2920).phtml

Broke now for the next year!

Regards
Alex

djscoo
December 25th, 2008, 12:51
I got an Antec 900 case, and a little money to fill it up with...more on that later. Oh I almost forgot I got a deep-fryer too!

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
December 25th, 2008, 13:02
The nicest gift for FS i could ask for was a Saitek X52 joystick and throttle set was given to me by one of the nicest FS people there is , Colin From MilViz , Thanks Again . C.J

Cazzie
December 25th, 2008, 13:02
Well, I am afraid I blew all my Christmas dough early on REX, Sky Unlimited's L-4 and the Carenado T-34. Next purchase will be the AlphaSim B-24, something I don't normally fly, much less buy. But this one has a purpose, it's for a HS classmate, whose uncle flew a B-24 and was killed on a training mission 9-9-44 after 5 sorties over Germany.

Next purchase after that will have to be Active Sky Advanced, since I already have AS 6.5 and can vouch for the quality of the product. I am a scenery enhancement hog, 75% of all payware I get is scenery related.

Caz

jmig
December 25th, 2008, 13:18
I got socks. :mixedsmi:

I also got a couple DVDs. One of which was 16R. My son and I watched it together. Loved it.

smoores
December 25th, 2008, 13:39
I received a new computer:friday:

harleyman
December 25th, 2008, 13:41
16R is awsome...

Got a ton of DVD's and the last episode of that Seventies Show(complete now)

New grill tools.....

The go ahead for all sim related things I wanted....:a1310:

X Plane 9 ....Gonna check it out later

Clothes...

But the best things I recieved this year were the addition of some very good friends, and having my family all together (girls home from college)

Kiwikat
December 25th, 2008, 13:46
I didn't get a thing... I guess I was naughty... :kilroy:

harleyman
December 25th, 2008, 13:49
\

Are you serious? If so,I'm sorry for that....

Murray Cod
December 25th, 2008, 13:53
I was naughty too - but my wife likes it that way :icon_lol:

for me it was TrafficX and the four Orbx Aussie regions:ernae:

Kiwikat
December 25th, 2008, 13:55
Are you serious? If so,I'm sorry for that....

Maybe its a sign i should be working on the Islander :costumes:

IanP
December 25th, 2008, 13:58
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tech-girl/3132566081/

Not technically a Christmas persent, but it scares my wife's friend... :icon_lol:

Ian P.

n4gix
December 25th, 2008, 14:11

Well, except for a new deep fryer I bought at Aldi's last week for <$30, I didn't get a thing either!

Of course, that's only 'cause I'm actually poorer than the proverbial church mouse... :costumes:

Pepere
December 25th, 2008, 14:24
I'm single so got a little something (digital key chain that holds 40 photos) from my daughter. Don't expect much, nor want much, because she has a husband and 4 kids to keep happy. Besides it's better to give than receive! :kilroy:

David

GT182
December 25th, 2008, 14:31

Don't feel bad Kat.... same here. But come Friday, I'm ordering some things I need for the GTO. From me to me. :costumes:

Our Christmas was for the grandkids. Especially the 19 month old grandson. Now that was a present in it's self just seeing him open his presents. The little chit made out like a fat rat. :costumes: But it was fun.

Ickie
December 25th, 2008, 14:32
New leather vest for riding that old Ural Patrol, and it marks it spot too! I also got an auto darking welding mask, no more stricking an arc with my thumb, lol, now how did I ever live without one.
:icon_lol:
http://www.ickie.net/ural/current-1.jpg

Desert Rat
December 25th, 2008, 14:39
Got mine earlier, FSX gold, hence my appearance here. Track IR4 and the Wellington addon. FSX runs okay on my old clunker, better than I had hoped, so happy days. Track IR is probably the best thing I've ever bought for FS, why did I wait so long!!!? Not so happy about the panning in chase view, is it me, or is it backwards? I'd rather turn it off altogether if anyone knows how? (chase view). Lastly, the Wellington hasn't arrived yet, but looking forward to it. Also got some money to spend, but will let the dust settle on my new FSX before commiting to anything, FS Passengers X is high up there, maybe wait for the Kodiak.

Jamie

Scratch
December 25th, 2008, 15:13
I got a Kindle and a $100 gift card from Barnes and Noble along with the usual shirts and stuff.

smoores
December 25th, 2008, 15:50
I also got an auto darking welding mask, no more stricking an arc with my thumb, lol, now how did I ever live without one.
Those masks are awesome. I tried one and it makes life so much easier.:mixedsmi:

spotlope
December 25th, 2008, 16:26
I got a Kindle and a $100 gift card from Barnes and Noble along with the usual shirts and stuff.

I'm really interested to hear what you think of that Kindle. I've had my eye on 'em for a while, but I'm afraid of early adopter syndrome. Let me know how you get on with it.

Scratch
December 25th, 2008, 16:58
I'm really interested to hear what you think of that Kindle. I've had my eye on 'em for a while, but I'm afraid of early adopter syndrome. Let me know how you get on with it.

I don't have it in my hands yet. I just got permission from the boss to order one.:costumes: Now my dilemma is order now and wait 8 weeks for the first version or wait awhile and see what the Kindle 2.0 has to offer. I really don't see anything wrong with the first one though and it has rave reviews. As much as I read this is a must buy for me. There are rumors that the 2.0 version doesn't have the SD card. I guess I'll wait as long as I can stand it, prolly less than a week:icon_lol:

Boomer
December 25th, 2008, 17:02
I got a new desktop computer so I will be flying FSX again soon! :wiggle:

redriver6
December 25th, 2008, 18:18
FSX gold edition.........woohoo....:icon31:

txnetcop
December 25th, 2008, 19:30
My wife and I gave nothing to each other but instead bought for the kids only this year, but I did get a beautiful free Meyers aircraft from Piglet and a Thermaltake Armour transparent side case with 25mm lighted fan...WOOOOHOOOOO Thank You Piglet
Ted

Willy
December 25th, 2008, 19:51
Let's see... a skil saw, Indiana Jones DVD set and what I was really needing.. socks without holes in 'em.

pbearsailor
December 25th, 2008, 20:49

I've had mine since July, Bill, and I really like it. Reads just like a paper book, most bestsellers are $9.99. Great for me, living on a boat, as I just don't have room to keep paper books. Added benefit is that is has a browser (primitive) and always has an internet connection, so I can read the forums here when we're away from the dock and cut off from our DSL. :isadizzy: It's a cool little device.

cheers,
steve :wavey:

limjack
December 25th, 2008, 21:41
Let's see... a skil saw, Indiana Jones DVD set and what I was really needing.. socks without holes in 'em.

Willy, how on earth do you get your feet in your socks without the holes then? :costumes:

Bruce Thompson
December 25th, 2008, 22:28
I got a Saitek Switch Panel and Piglet's Meyers 200D which I think is one of the best Chistmas gifts. Just finished flying it through the Grand Canyon, what a flight, nearly missed the Turkey dinner.

Epsillon
December 25th, 2008, 22:32
I got a new 22 inch LCD monitor, a videocard Nvidia 9600GT, a DVD pack "The War" by Ken Burns and Lynn Novick, a DVD pack "Twin Peaks" by David Lynch and Mark Frost, a Logitech MX Revolution and many books (Mark Twain, Richard Russo etc)...:jump:
All this gifts were for my birthday and for Christmas.

Regards,

Stephan

stiz
December 26th, 2008, 00:32
i got a car key for me parents car (passed me test 2/3 years ago and havnt had a car to drive!) and a years gym membership :jump: :jump: :jump:

Although i now know how parents feel when they say they feel like a taxi :costumes:

IanHenry
December 26th, 2008, 01:43
I got Apache by Ed Macy. It’s the true story of life as an Apache pilot in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on">Afghanistan</st1:country-region>’s <st1:place w:st="on">Helmand</st1:place> province and a great read.
It also makes you realise just how brave those people who are serving out there are.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
Regards,
Ian

bell1684
December 26th, 2008, 03:57
I got (actually I bought for myself:icon_lol:) a new system to run FSX on:

Core i7 920
Asus P6T Deluxe
3GB triple Channel DDR3
EVGA GTX 260
2-500GB drives running in Raid0

Quite an upgrade from my P4 2.66 system :redf:

FSX really smokes now...

FLighT01
December 26th, 2008, 04:24
A couple of very nice Cabs & Pinot Noirs.

Treated myself to A2A 3D Lights for $16.99 Xmas morning, woo - hoo!

Was also going to get the new ASA but I think I'll wait for a patch or two first. Everything I've read so far says it will be a nice improvement over my ASX.

grunau_baby
December 26th, 2008, 04:28
Having fun with my presents:jump: Generally the wife and I quit giving presents this year, cause we gave too many presents in form of new furniture to each other in recent month. At least we had a nice christmas in the renewed home! Believe me, compared to buying new high quality furniture FSX payware is just peanuts!:banghead:

Alex

pointy31
December 26th, 2008, 05:10
My wife and I got the same thing as last year, and the year before, and the year before .....June is heavily involved in a Christmas Toy drive. She began doing this over 25 years ago, and it has grown into a family thing. June operates the food bank (volunteer) at our church, providing food and essentials to those in need. This is not a seasonal thing, it is year-round, but her special mission is to provide every child that is referred to us gifts during the Christmas season. The kids at the school (Holy Cross Elementary) are active in gathering new toys and clothing items and it has become an annual tradition.
We got the gift of knowing that a lot of children who otherwise wouldn't have had anything, awoke on Christmas morn and found toys and gifts under the tree...

Merry Christmas

pointy31

limjack
December 26th, 2008, 06:06
Ponity31, sounds like you guys have the wheels turning in the right direction. It is very nice when people use there blessing to help others in need :applause::applause::applause:.

Jim

gera
December 26th, 2008, 06:21
Got me:
Desktop Aviators´s Programmable Avionics switch box panel and their Auto Pilot Panel for my home cockpit......:jump:

MCDesigns
December 26th, 2008, 06:34
I'll give my 'official' response to this in about March or so....:icon_lol:

Been thinking about this comment, you getting a new PC then?:wavey:

MudMarine
December 26th, 2008, 06:35
I got a nice 24" monitor. Also Fallout and Dead Space for my XBox 360. Did pretty well this year.

Bjoern
December 26th, 2008, 08:24
A coupon for a music festival of my choice next year and some smaller stuff.

I can't expect much, since my parents are paying my rent, food and everything else that keeps me alive month for month; until I've finished studying.

chinookmark
December 26th, 2008, 08:30
My girlfriend got me something, but I haven't gotten my mail yet, so I don't know what it is. She's really excited so it must be something I want.

In the meantime ... I took advantage of Razbam's birthday sale and hooked myself up with an Intruder and Prowler.

GT182
December 26th, 2008, 09:13
Ted, you'll like that Thermaltake case, any of their cases are great IMO. Lottsa room and great cooling.

Ickie, you'd better train that Url or get a Harley. My 76 FXE Super Glide never leaked a drop. Only spot I ever had was from the chain oiler. ;)

FLighT01
December 26th, 2008, 09:13
A coupon for a music festival of my choice next year ...

Bayreuth Festival, Perhaps?! That would be my first choice, but that's just me.

harleyman
December 26th, 2008, 09:18
Ted, you'll like that Thermaltake case, any of their cases are great IMO. Lottsa room and great cooling.

Ickie, you'd better train that Url or get a Harley. My 76 FXE Super Glide never leaked a drop. Only spot I ever had was from the chain oiler. ;)

He has the case...Just was missing the Side cover with fan......

I always turned off my chain oilers and just used teflon spray lube...much cleaner and neater combined with O-Ring chains.....LOL

GT182
December 26th, 2008, 09:34
He has the case...Just was missing the Side cover with fan......

I always turned off my chain oilers and just used teflon spray lube...much cleaner and neater combined with O-Ring chains.....LOL

Ok HM, I guess I missread what he said. Gotta get new reading specs i guess. :redf: I wonder how he was missing the side cover and fan? :costumes:

I used my chain oiler so I'd have a reason to add oil. :costumes: Mine never leaked or used oil. But then again when I sold it, it only had 14,000 miles on it. Worst mistake I ever made was selling that bike. :173go1:

harleyman
December 26th, 2008, 09:44
Ok HM, I guess I missread what he said. Gotta get new reading specs i guess. :redf: I wonder how he was missing the side cover and fan? :costumes:

I used my chain oiler so I'd have a reason to add oil. :costumes: Mine never leaked or used oil. But then again when I sold it, it only had 14,000 miles on it. Worst mistake I ever made was selling that bike. :173go1:

LOL That makes two of us that need ugraded glasses...Me included...Ted bought the case a while back but did not get the model with the side cover with fan...its the same case just missing the cover and big fan...I almost made that mistake when I ordered my case too....:isadizzy:

LOL I like your thoughts on custom oil changes......Thats one way to do it.....

And yup...Should have kept it..... :banghead:

ryanbatc
December 26th, 2008, 12:23
So far (yes so far because I haven't really had xmas with my fam yet - they're coming up on the 1st of Jan), I got socks, a walmart gift card, and a little radio control airplane thing, one of those cheap ones where they charge from the remote. My wife and I also got 3 movies - Twister, Narnia: Prince Caspian, and I got the Blue Angels: A Year in the Life, of which I watched half so far, pretty cool!

Oh yeah, lol, I also bought myself the Ultimate Defrag 2008 finally, since I had the older version, the upgrade wasn't too bad.... :wiggle:

p.s. Gera - who is that chick in your avatar? Is that the VS model? She's hot either way haha!

cheezyflier
December 26th, 2008, 12:56
i got this:

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s180/cheezyridr/1.jpg

and a large bag of these:

http://youretime.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/mms.jpg

Bjoern
December 26th, 2008, 13:21
Bayreuth Festival, Perhaps?! That would be my first choice, but that's just me.

Eww, Wagner...

No, I mean a *real* festival. Guitars, weed, booze and babes. ;)

stiz
December 26th, 2008, 14:46
dont forget mud, cant have a festivel without lots n lots a mud! :costumes:

Prowler1111
December 26th, 2008, 15:09
Eww, Wagner...

No, I mean a *real* festival. Guitars, weed, booze and babes. ;)

..Can i tag along?..

Prowler

kilo delta
December 26th, 2008, 15:39
Guitars, weed, booze and babes. ;)

Pretty well sums up the last 20 years of my life :friday::costumes:

MCDesigns
December 26th, 2008, 15:50

same here (without the weed, though)! :isadizzy:

stiz
December 26th, 2008, 16:09
you just let em grow instead of mowing the lawn? :monkies: :costumes:

TimA
December 27th, 2008, 02:20
Combined Christmas and birthday present:
http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/1259/miniej2.jpg

FLighT01
December 27th, 2008, 03:54
eww, wagner...

No, i mean a *real* festival. Guitars, weed, booze and babes. ;)

lol!

HenryW
December 27th, 2008, 09:16
I got this veteran tractor. Here is my first ride:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ed6c2LgMNB0

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u36/Wyrneh/Project/2-7.jpg

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u36/Wyrneh/Project/3-7.jpg

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u36/Wyrneh/Project/4-6.jpg

Bjoern
December 27th, 2008, 10:29
..Can i tag along?..

Sure! Provided you like (alternative/indie/pop) rock. :d

dont forget mud, cant have a festivel without lots n lots a mud! :costumes:

I still know mud back from my Bundeswehr days, so I don't have much of a problem with it. :d

I'm a little bit jealous here...:costumes:

lol!

:d

Panther_99FS
December 27th, 2008, 10:52
HenryW man!
EasyEd is a big tractor fan and now he might be jealous of you...:kilroy: :d

Mâra Trilokadev
December 27th, 2008, 14:58
YES!!! I got the Beretta CX4 Storm carbine chambered in 9mm over which I have been drooling.

That tractor is pretty sweet though...

Cheers,
MT

limjack
December 27th, 2008, 15:43
HHHHmmmmmmm.......tractor simmmm

Dain Arns
December 27th, 2008, 18:20
Sorry the photo is a little blurry. I took it by hand, this tin sign was too big to be scanned.

I think it was the best thing I've gotten in quite a long time. I was very proud to put this up on the wall next to my computer, along with some other aviation tin signs I've collected over the years. I think its a wonderful picture.

krazycolin
December 28th, 2008, 12:06
The nicest gift for FS i could ask for was a Saitek X52 joystick and throttle set was given to me by one of the nicest FS people there is , Colin From MilViz , Thanks Again . C.J

You are totally welcome though i have to say it was well deserved... All the work and the tireless efforts on the Hellcat (still ongoing!) make this a worthwhile gift...

Perhaps you'll get the pedals next!!!!

:wiggle:

THibben
December 29th, 2008, 10:28
On Dec 23 went to the hospital and got a new left knee. That will give me a "matched set". Sort of SLI pair. Hopefully it will improve my rudder contol. Back home on the 26th and now getting in lots of forum time.

Tom