PDA

View Full Version : cougar one four?

Daveroo
May 4th, 2012, 10:47
any one know what the call sign "cougar one four" is?...heard it several times last night,and been hearing it all day today,seems to be airborne for an hour or two,lands,then gets back into the air again,i havent heard the airport its taking off from,or landing at.

also heard "cougar one seven" a few ago..only heard that once...but i wonder if the "cougar one four" could be the NASA blimp?...im guessing...ive been looking at flight aware and have seen nothing to match..but im still not sure how to use that correctly..

snowbird552
May 4th, 2012, 12:03
Only aircraft that i'm familiar with are Canadian 410 Sqn CF-18's who use "Cougar--" as their callsign. I see you're in Auburn, California, so I imagine that would be unlikely. El Centro is known to occasionally host CF-18's though.

Dain Arns
May 4th, 2012, 12:35
VIH Aviation Group uses a 'cougar' callsign for its Cougar Helicopters.
Mostly Oil Platform work off of Newfoundland, but they do operate Air Ambulances in the Pacific Northwest and west coast according to their website.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cougar_Helicopters

FOO FIGHTER
May 4th, 2012, 15:09
These are from a 2009 list but I don't think it's any one of these.

COUGAR C-130 463rd AG 41st AS AR ANG LIttle Rock AR
COUGAR EA-6B VAQ-139, NAS Whidbey Island, WA
COUGAR CF-18 CANFORCE 4TH WING CFB COLD LAKE
COUGAR OPS 120th FS, CO ANG at Buckley AFB OPS
COUGAR Hawker Hunter working at ATAC Savannah GA

Lately I've heard Cougar 20 & 21 at night flying between Beale and McClellan. Northrop Grumman is upgrading some U.S. Army RC-12 Guardrails at McClellan. I suspect that it might be these that are using the callsign (?).

Daveroo
May 4th, 2012, 17:39
These are from a 2009 list but I don't think it's any one of these.

COUGAR C-130 463rd AG 41st AS AR ANG LIttle Rock AR
COUGAR EA-6B VAQ-139, NAS Whidbey Island, WA
COUGAR CF-18 CANFORCE 4TH WING CFB COLD LAKE
COUGAR OPS 120th FS, CO ANG at Buckley AFB OPS
COUGAR Hawker Hunter working at ATAC Savannah GA

Lately I've heard Cougar 20 & 21 at night flying between Beale and McClellan. Northrop Grumman is upgrading some U.S. Army RC-12 Guardrails at McClellan. I suspect that it might be these that are using the callsign (?).

ive a feeling that this may be what ive heard..was hearing cougar one four and now hearing one seven as well...

rhumbaflappy
May 4th, 2012, 18:34
I think that cougar callsign is for Demi Moore...

Dick

stansdds
May 5th, 2012, 03:55
I think that cougar callsign is for Demi Moore...

Dick

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: