PDA

View Full Version : Milviz F-15E in P3D

Dave Torkington
May 2nd, 2012, 22:05
Does anyone have this bird working in P3D?

Dave :salute:

stovall
May 3rd, 2012, 06:33
Dave, If you copy over everything and make your entries in the dll.xml, this aircraft is awesome in P3D. The Iris Mudhen works just as good.

Have fun with no studders and perfect flight. Not sure if all the gauges work as I have just armed her and flown around. Whether the radar and shoot down / bombing functions work needs to be tested.

Dave Torkington
May 3rd, 2012, 07:52
Thanks for the reply Tom. Got her installed and sorted the dll.xml fine but P3D crashes when I try getting a drink from the KC-135. The afterburner looks poor but that's not a big deal for me.

Will test out the weapons later and post my findings.

:salute:

stovall
May 3rd, 2012, 08:42
I was afraid of that. Some gauges seem to cause the crash in P3D. This is not the only aircraft brought over that has that problem. Maybe it will get sorted out latter or even when 2.0 comes out. Let's hope!!

Lionheart
May 3rd, 2012, 16:28
Sounds to me like modules are doing this...

Stovall, do we need to manually change all entries into the DLL.XML?

stovall
May 3rd, 2012, 19:39
Yes, you will need to hand enter the entries in the P3D dll.xml file. Just cut and paste them out of the FSX dll.xml file. That works really nicely.

When you first download Prepar3D there is no dll.xml file at least I did not have one. When you install the SDK that file is created. Another way it can be created is by installing the P3D FSUIPC program. The one made for both FSX and P3D will install the dll.xml file for you. Hope this helps.

Lionheart
May 4th, 2012, 10:08
Yes, you will need to hand enter the entries in the P3D dll.xml file. Just cut and paste them out of the FSX dll.xml file. That works really nicely.

When you first download Prepar3D there is no dll.xml file at least I did not have one. When you install the SDK that file is created. Another way it can be created is by installing the P3D FSUIPC program. The one made for both FSX and P3D will install the dll.xml file for you. Hope this helps.

Thanks, it does.

We need for installers to be able to handle this, I guess. It would be nice if P3D was advanced in this department on the next build.

Bill

Dave Torkington
May 6th, 2012, 23:35
We need for installers to be able to handle this, I guess. It would be nice if P3D was advanced in this department on the next build.

Bill

Exactly Bill. I'm looking at each aircraft that works fully in P3D as a bonus. The more complicated the systems are, the less likely it is they will at present...

The Milviz bird is such an example - flies superbly but the addon systems are only working perfectly in FSX... Precisely as they should!!

Dave.

Daube
May 23rd, 2015, 01:18
Sorry to bring this topic back to life, but I have an additional question related to the modules of this F-15 in Prepar3D 2.4.
I have recently reinstalled this F-15. I never really used it in FSX because the performance was not so good on my computer, but in P3D v2.4 on the same machine, it's not bad at all.
Of course, as advised above, I have moved the various dll files over to my P3D folder, and I have inserted the DLL.xlm entries for P3D.
And yes, I am also experiencing crashes to desktop now...

But my question is more about TacPack... If you remember correctly, Milviz had released some "alternative" dlls which were made to prevent conflicts with some of the TacPack features in the TacPack-enabled planes. Should these alternative dlls be installed in P3D as well, or is it better to keep the original ones instead ?

Dumonceau
May 24th, 2015, 02:14
Sorry to bring this topic back to life, but I have an additional question related to the modules of this F-15 in Prepar3D 2.4.
I have recently reinstalled this F-15. I never really used it in FSX because the performance was not so good on my computer, but in P3D v2.4 on the same machine, it's not bad at all.
Of course, as advised above, I have moved the various dll files over to my P3D folder, and I have inserted the DLL.xlm entries for P3D.
And yes, I am also experiencing crashes to desktop now...

But my question is more about TacPack... If you remember correctly, Milviz had released some "alternative" dlls which were made to prevent conflicts with some of the TacPack features in the TacPack-enabled planes. Should these alternative dlls be installed in P3D as well, or is it better to keep the original ones instead ?

Only one way to find out Daube! If you point me to the alternative dll's, I'll be more than happy to test!

Johan

Daube
May 24th, 2015, 23:29
Hi Johan,

Thanks for your help :)
Here is the link to the topic with the download on Milviz forums: http://www.milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=2326

Dumonceau
May 24th, 2015, 23:35
Got the dll's Daube. Will install the Milviz Mudhen later today (when I'm fully awake)

Cheers,

Johan

Daube
May 24th, 2015, 23:45
Ah, in the meanwhile I got lucky enough to find some information on the Milviz forums.
It appears that this alternative DLL (there is only one in the pack, sorry) will only allow the Tacpack aircrafts to work properly, but they won't help the F-15 itself. The F-15 cannot work properly as long as the Tacpack modules are loaded in the sim.
The only way to be able to use the F-15 is to disable the loading of Tacpack from the DLL.xml file. This explanation was given for FSX, but most likely it's still valid for P3D v2.
The F-15 is then getting back to the bottom of my hangar. Bad luck. I only flew it for one or two hours in total since I purchased it 3 years ago....