PDA

View Full Version : battle_spinner

gosd
May 2nd, 2012, 20:09
Looking for a pylon :battle_spinner, required in the Battle_FAF_CW aircraft.

Old Tiger
May 3rd, 2012, 03:41
Looking for a pylon :battle_spinner, required in the Battle_FAF_CW aircraft.

:wavey:gosd did a search found in my weapons folder, but not as a pylon. However I check the aircraft xml

</Loadout>
<Loadout Name="(4)250lb Bombs" MissionType="anti_ship,bomber_intercept,cap,cas,convoy_raid,esc ort,intercept,recon,search_destroy,strike,sweep">
<Hardpoint ID="0" PylonType="battle_spinner" PayloadType=""/>
<Hardpoint ID="1" PylonType="pylon_battle" PayloadType="AvHistory_gb_Bomb__250lb_Internal" Quantity="1"/>
<Hardpoint ID="2" PylonType="pylon_battle" PayloadType="AvHistory_gb_Bomb__250lb_Internal" Quantity="1"/>
<Hardpoint ID="3" PylonType="pylon_battle" PayloadType="AvHistory_gb_Bomb__250lb_Internal" Quantity="1"/>
<Hardpoint ID="4" PylonType="pylon_battle" PayloadType="AvHistory_gb_Bomb__250lb_Internal" Quantity="1"/>
</Loadout>
</Loadouts>

And it's there as a pylon, will futher look into :salute:

Old Tiger
May 3rd, 2012, 04:10
:wavey:gosd the plane looks normal to me, the loadouts all work, maybe it's tied in with the pylon_battle somhow.:salute: these planes were uloaded here by Nigel Dickinson they all have pylons, but no"battle_spinner"

gosd
May 3rd, 2012, 07:52
Came to the same conclusion let's see what Nigel has to say about it.

greycap.raf
May 4th, 2012, 14:29
I'll speak for Nigel here, if you check the readme you'll find that the missing "spinner" was actually made by me and supplied to Nigel for this aircraft. It's a very crudely made (because I absolutely suck with Gmax) dummy pylon designed to give the impression that the particular model has a spinner covering the propeller hub as an attempt to increase performance. For a reason or another, unknown to me, Nigel has put it into the weapons folder but it is a pylon and thus belongs to the pylons folder. The aircraft will work perfectly without it as it's just a minor touch of further "what-ifness" to an already fictitious model. No other Battle than the Finnish one should have it.

gosd
May 4th, 2012, 20:28
Thanks greycap; made the modifications: nice nose job:icon_lol:

Old Tiger
May 5th, 2012, 04:44
:ernae:Thanks greycap & gosd; made the modifications: nice nose job:salute:

Old Tiger
May 6th, 2012, 05:58
:wavey:Put those spinners on some Maw planes:salute:

ndicki
May 8th, 2012, 11:03
Thanks, Rene!

For some reason, it's in my weapons folder as well. Doesn't matter, it still works.