PDA

View Full Version : Any news on the F-111 for FSX Aardvark project?

svicar
May 2nd, 2012, 16:46
Has anyone seen or heard of any current news on the F-111 project from f111-fsx.com (http://f111-fsx.com) ?

The last dev post was February 23 and it seems the only thing on their forums besides my own and a couple others posts are spam posts and tumbleweeds. I tried to email the devs directly about a week ago and as of today I have not heard anything.

Anyone know what's up with their F-111 package?

Ian Warren
May 2nd, 2012, 17:20
I tried many times to get myself on the forums without success .. earlier than August last year was the first attempt ,... then contacted them directly Oct with no result or reply .. maybe they should have started posting the 111 this year maybe yesterday , i found no support full stop , obviously it looks the part , wing flex is a big deal and course the textures and other animations ... think they sprouted to early without water .............. least for a payware package anyways .
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

jeansy
May 2nd, 2012, 23:01
Anyone know what's up with their F-111 package?

same here, im watching and waiting closely

I guess no news is good news, he does go some time between posts but when he does post is very good

Victory103
May 3rd, 2012, 05:05
Maybe this one over at simviation can hold you over, using the old Alphasim model as a base:

http://205.252.250.26/cgi-bin/yabb25/YaBB.pl?num=1335651160

http://205.252.250.26/yabbfiles24/Buttons/English/quote.png (http://205.252.250.26/cgi-bin/yabb25/YaBB.pl?action=post;num=1335651160;virboard=;quote =0;title=PostReply)

We have been hard working on converting the Alphasim freeware aircraft to FSX. It will be ready soon and here is what you can look forward to.

F-111 Aircraft Package Features

F-111E, F-111F, F-111G, FB-111A post and pre AMPS avionics versions, and a TFX FB-111A

•4 Custom 2D and VC Cockpits with updated avionics cockpit for all standard Alphasim F-111s, Added cockpits include G model panel, Pre AMPS avionics cockpit for three additional FB-111A’s, and a cockpit for the F-111E & pre-Production FB-111A. All cockpits include pilot VFR and IFR panels, Weapon System Operator VFR and IFR panels, and 3 Virtual Cockpit views. Custom artwork for all panels. 2X resolution for the VC panels.

•Aircraft Texture Updates include: F-111G Aircraft repainted gray, F-111F Aircraft repainted with more realistic colors, F-111E and Pre Production FB-111A aircraft added, FB-111A Tiger Meet, New Hampshire Special, and Tail # 270 texture sets added, Sleepy Time Gal and Spirit of the Seacoast have new Nose Art graphics, antennas added to all nose panels, new afterburner effects, and all textures have been gone over and updated.

•New camera Views Two views added for the Virtual Cockpit and three views added for the external aircraft.

•Dump and Burn is not just an effect. Using the switch on the panel will also dump fuel. The original Dump and Burn effect has been replaced with a much better effect.

•3D landing and Taxi lights included

•Terrain Following Radar Display is a high resolution display, with Off, Stby, and Sweep modes. Display Screen and Cursor contrast adjustments with memory. 2D and VC panel display contrast are adjusted independently for best results for each panel day or night. Ground altitude no longer affects display brightness.

•Terrain Following Radar has a unique Look Ahead ability that truly sees the terrain at a variable distance ahead of the aircraft determined by aircraft speed and bank allows the aircraft to fly “hands off” maintaining an Above Ground Level Altitude between 200 and 1000 feet as set by pilot. TF pitch steer information is also displayed for 50 to 200 ft AGL manual flight.

•Primary Flight Instruments include Custom ADI, HSI, and BDHI, plus all primary, standby flight, and Engine instruments are now fully functional and calibrated. Other custom gauges include: Wing Sweep/ Slat Flap position, Control Surface position with spoilers, and all of the other gauges are fixed and/or graphically updated for better functionality and accuracy. Over 110 functional gauges and switches.

•Threat Warning Display shows AI aircraft with a 20 or 40 mile display range.

•Inertial Navigation Display Unit shows current longitude and latitude, next waypoint longitude and latitude, current altitude, set altitude, ground track, true heading, ground speed, airspeed, miles to destination, wind direction and speed, time to destination, and next waypoint number. There is a thumbwheel to select waypoints and a Select button to activate selected waypoint.

•Radar Altimeter displays altitude above ground level to 5000 feet with a knob to set decision height for low altitude warning light.

•Fuel Quantity and Auto Fuel Feed gauge feeds the fuel from the tanks to the engines in the correct order. Left and right drop tanks, then left and right wing tanks, and then forward and aft tanks. Forward and Aft Fuel quantity and Fuel Select gauges. Fuel Select gauge displays aircraft total fuel quantity and wing and drop tank quantities. The Fuel Select Knob rotates to display wing and drop tank quantities on the fuel select gauge. Auto transfer maintains 8200lb fuel difference between forward and aft tanks to maintain center of gravity.

•Take OFF Trim button sets elevon control surfaces to 3.8 degrees trailing edge up for take-off. Indicator light shows when TOT is set.

•Attenuator Panel Warning Lights trigger Master Caution Warning light with push to reset feature.

•Elevons Droop trailing edge down when engines are shut down. Elevon control surface limits fixed.

•Power Panel controls the left and right generators, battery, avionics Pitot Heat, and engine De-icing.

•Realistic Autopilot modes include Pitch and Roll Stability Augmentation (holds pitch angle and bank angle when engaged). Pitch and Roll autopilot channels can be turned On and Off independently. Autopilot sub modes include Altitude hold (holds altitude when engaged or flies to set altitude when referenced) , Mach hold (adjusts pitch to maintain mach speed), Auto TF (maintains set altitude above ground level between 200ft and 1000ft), Constant Tract (maintains ground heading), ILS, Heading, GPS, and Nav modes. Control stick input overrides autopilot without disengaging autopilot settings and reference key returns autopilot control. Yaw damper default is ON.

•Pitch Steer Switch sends either altitude or terrain following data to the pitch steer bar on the ADI and HUD.

•Realistic Control surface limits of +25 and -15 degrees for the elevator and +/- 8 degrees for the aileron movements. 30 degrees rudder movement.

•Air File and Config file edited to give realistic aircraft and engine performance.

•HUD is GUI based instead of bitmapped giving it a better image. HUD displays Pitch and Roll Steer bars, over/under Airspeed set point scale and above/below Glide Slope, Alt Hold or TF Command set point scale, 10 minutes to destination scale, LCOSS panel On/Off switch plus separate brightness controls for the Command Bars and Reticle.

•Maximum Safe Mach assembly calculates safe speed for aircraft configuration (wing sweep, flap/slat, and landing gear position), speed, altitude, etc and displays the safe speed on Mach Indicator and an Over Speed warning light.

•Auto Vertical Speed adjust VS according the difference between altitude and set altitude giving you maximum VS and then slowing the VS rate as you get closer to the set altitude smoothing the climb rate.

•Anti-Skid and Auto-brake features added. Anti-skid keeps the main wheels from locking up on ground roll. Auto-brake has 2 modes, rejected take-off mode and landing mode and function like the real aircraft modes.

Plus we are still adding features

Ian Warren
May 3rd, 2012, 13:34
I purchased the recent one eleven from Virtavia , be good to compare , also ideal to have both when running MP's so that my excuse anyways but i am looking forward to see what this one has to offer :cool: i do like the wing flex loaded on takeoff ... Double :cool:<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">