PDA

View Full Version : Turbo-Porter N77DQ

SSI01
May 1st, 2012, 09:01
I got a couple of photos of this bird parked on the ramp at KSSI. You should see the paint job - periwinkle blue with pink flying flamingos all over it. N number is in the same color as the flamingos. As soon as the wife can email me the photos from her cell phone I will post.

One other unusual thing about it are two slipper tanks under the wings, well outboard. I've seen wingtip tanks on what seems to be a Beech Bonanza down here, but never slung tanks like this.

In the meantime, here's a photo from the web:

Daveroo
May 1st, 2012, 16:14
cool...ive never seen a porter in person..would like to some day...never seen a DHC 6 either....i heard one land at McClellan around 7:30 one night,it was for a south american airforce...cant remeber who now..but was in all the mags..the pilot had said he was just stopping over night and was asking "jet services"..if they would set up a cab for him and a hotel room,there is a hotel not far away...and then he asked...oh can i park at your facility....made the guy at "jet services" laugh...he said no problem.....i sure whished i had a drivers lic...id have run down and got some pics....theyre parking is right near the fence