PDA

View Full Version : Model Placer........

luckydog
April 30th, 2012, 17:15
Is this the only application I need to get to replace buildings, fuel pumps, trees, etc at some of the innacurate airports in P3D ????

Thanks,

LD

kjb
April 30th, 2012, 17:50
You might consider ADE (http://www.airportdesigneditor.co.uk/) as a starter. It's free and P3D compatible.

luckydog
April 30th, 2012, 18:18
You might consider ADE (http://www.airportdesigneditor.co.uk/) as a starter. It's free and P3D compatible.

Wow !!! Thanks kjb !! I'll give that a try........

LD

Lionheart
April 30th, 2012, 19:29
Hey LD,

I found ADE to be extremely easy and fast for working with placing scenery. And...... ITS FREE! (if you do not make payware with it).

kjb
April 30th, 2012, 19:53
Note - there are two ways you can use ADE to be accurate with model (and everything else) placement. You can load a background image or you can use FSUIPC...or both :)

I started using ADE a couple of months ago after using AFX for a long time. ADE is quick, very easy to use and very capable, well beyond the standard AFCAD type work.

luckydog
May 1st, 2012, 06:11
Got her downloaded but it won't work because of an incorrect "folder pathway" ?!? What folder ? What pathway ?
This suckers way over my head.......

LD

PS.....checked out the tutorials......gonna take a year to learn all the new vocabulary.

Lionheart
May 1st, 2012, 09:02
Hey LD,

LOL... Nah, it wont take that long.

Pathways... it needs to know where your FS is. In this case, Prepar3D.

It will need to know where your librarys are also, (objects to move). I 'think' it can find them itself, not sure.

Bill

luckydog
May 1st, 2012, 12:25
To bad there's nothing like EZ Scenery...........
I used to have a ton of fun with that !

kjb
May 1st, 2012, 12:32
If you still have FSX installed, you can use Instant Scenery there and use the scenery in P3D. Just put the new scenery in a place where both can use it. I use E:/FSX Sceneries/... then add the new scenery in the Scenery Library of either sim. You need to run P3D as an administrator when adding a scenery area or it'll crash.

Lionheart
May 1st, 2012, 18:20

I asked Mr. Konstantin if he would be making a version for Prepar3D. I do not think he was interested, but man, that would be a fantastic program for P3D'rs...

As KJB states, you can create scenery there, save, and link into the Addon Scenery from P3D and its fine. You should also be able to copy/paste it over as well into your Addon scenery if that works better then linking.

Bill

roger-wilco-66
May 2nd, 2012, 14:32

I think you'll also have lots of fun with ADE - you'll have a steep learning curve once you get a hold of it and it has some fantastic functions.

Cheers,
Mark