PDA

View Full Version : Wing Cammander is BACK!

gigabyte
April 30th, 2012, 15:23
I know a couple of us remember the Wing Commander series, it was the firsst game to ever user FMV and a multi path story line, still my all time fav game. Well boys and girls it's NACK and better than ever from what I can see so far, and best of all IT"s FREE!

Here is a link to the new Fan Made Wing Commander Saga - http://www.wcsaga.com/ do check it out, but be ready for a big download if you go for it 3.4 GB. If you are truly interested and have problems with the D/l let me know I will be happy to send a DVD to my fellow space freaks.

The graphic are all upgraded to HD quality and the game pla see excellent, it is not the same as X3 but for me every bit as and possibly in some ways more enjoyable.

Sascha66
April 30th, 2012, 15:48
I've been playing it since release because I stumbled upon it through good luck a day before!

It is really great and that ol' Wing Commander feeling is right back :gameon:

Lionheart
May 1st, 2012, 18:27
Thanks for the heads up Mike!

I have heard tons about it, never tried it yet.

Bill

Panther_99FS
May 8th, 2012, 18:12
Let me know how it goes guys! :jump:

gigabyte
May 9th, 2012, 02:57
Panther all I can say so far is OUTSTANDING! The old Wing Commander game play feel is there and the graphics are now up to date, I am really enjoying this release, I am totally amazed at what these guys were able to do with the Freespace 2 engine. This is just a gut feeling on my part but I am getting there will be more addon's for this release it is sure a good building block.

SirBenn21
May 24th, 2012, 05:03
I know a couple of us remember the Wing Commander series, it was the firsst game to ever user FMV and a multi path story line, still my all time fav game. Well boys and girls it's NACK and better than ever from what I can see so far, and best of all IT"s FREE!

Here is a link to the new Fan Made Wing Commander Saga - http://www.wcsaga.com/ do check it out, but be ready for a big download if you go for it 3.4 GB. If you are truly interested and have problems with the D/l let me know I will be happy to send a DVD to my fellow space freaks.

The graphic are all upgraded to HD quality and the game pla see excellent, it is not the same as X3 but for me every bit as and possibly in some ways more enjoyable.

+1 for been one of my all time favarites! Downloading NOW!

Just wish someone would make the updated version of Descent 2

Ben

marklaur
May 29th, 2012, 00:53
Looks like I am lucky it is on the cover disk of one of the gaming magazines I subscribe to this month.

I do not have the time to play it now but good to have for the future.

Regards MarkL

Penzoil3
December 4th, 2012, 01:13
Reminds me so much of Free Space! Whee! :icon_lol:
Sue

whitney17
December 5th, 2012, 07:39
+1 for been one of my all time favarites! Downloading NOW!

Just wish someone would make the updated version of Descent 2

Ben

Ben,

You can get Descent 3 + Expansion at gog.com for $10.00.

Joe

CrisGer
April 30th, 2013, 12:08
wow i have been out of the WC loop for a while but i have all of the original games and a lot of mod tools and mods,..so they finally released this on the FS engine? that is great news. thanks for the post. just so much to keep track of i will go get it asap.

any pics?