PDA

View Full Version : PDF's

middle
April 30th, 2012, 10:15
Hi guys...how does one cut and paste info from a PDF file to Word or Notepad? I'm trying to take some info from a PDF Chevy Shop Manual and send a small portion to another guy. middle

Tako_Kichi
April 30th, 2012, 10:52
I'm assuming you don't have the full, payware, version of Acrobat otherwise the task would be easy. With the free reader it depends on the version you are using as they changed the menus over the numerous versions.

Usually you have a 'hand' tool which allow you to move page by page but what you want to find is the 'text' tool which should look like a capital 'I'. Sometimes this is visible on the tool bar other times you have to find it in one of the menu options depending on version. Once you have the 'text' tool active you can 'drag' over the text you require, select 'copy' and then you can 'paste' that info into any program you like.

middle
April 30th, 2012, 11:29
OK! Thanks, TK

stansdds
May 1st, 2012, 00:41
Free PDF viewers often do not allow you to copy any part of the document. What I have done is to take a screen shot of the section I want to copy (press ALT and PRINT SCREEN at the same time), then open MS Paint or Paint.NET and paste the screen image. I can then cut out the part I want and save it as an image file such as BMP or JPEG. The image file can be emailed, JPEG usually produces the smallest size files for emailing.