PDA

View Full Version : RELEASED: SSW F-104S V. 3.2.1 ("MAY FLOWER")

LUCE1
April 30th, 2012, 09:56

This is an "interim release" waiting for version 3.4.0
Here a change log:

UBUNTU (multiplayer) version fuselage textures have been reduced from 4096 to 2048 in order to further reduce CPU/GPU load still mantaining high graphic quality, now frame drop is close to 0 even in a crowded MP environment, SOLO version remains with their high quality 4096x4096 textures.
Weapon drop/launch .dll module has been rewritten in order to eliminate FSX server clogging, weapon delivery on MP environment now can be considered server safe.
Several minor bug fixes and enhancements.

visit: http://www.simskunkworks.102virtual.org

RECOMMENDED READINGS:
=====================
Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\AERIT-F104S-V3-CLEAN\docs\zipperhints.pdf
Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\AERIT-F104S-V3-CLEAN\docs\zipper_for_dummies.pdf
Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\AERIT-F104S-V3-CLEAN\docs\AER-1T-F104S-PCL-NORMPROC.pdf

MODEL
=====
High detailed model, fully animated
High detailed 3D cockpit, fully animated and working
Frame rate friendly in single and multi palyer, it cames in two versions:
- "SOLO" for single player use
- "UBUNTU" optimized for multiplayer
- Complete 3D-lights systems both internal and external, no flaws on low visibility

TEXTURES
========
- Complete Italian liveries set in different tone and aging
- Bump, speculars applied (SOLO model only)
- Soon a complete paintkit will be available for painters

SYSTEMS
========
- Almost all real system have been modelled and are working as the real thing is
- Flight dynamics modeled 99% close to real airplane, fully tested and validated by qualified real F-104 pilots
- Fully functional NASARR R-21G radar, A/G and A/A mode with:
* MTI (Mouving target indication)
* STT (Single track target)
* LOCK-ON
* ATTACK
- Aerodynamic pitch up, inertia coupling and BLC system reproduced
- Payload drop actually changes airplane weight and balance
- Inertial navigator Litton LN-3 fully implemented
- Dual timer bombing system
- Special weapon delivery system
- Conventional weapon system, rocket launch, AA missiles launch system

MULTIPLAYER
===========
- Model is optimized for Multiplayer, it loads, drops/launch MK82/MK83/Rockets/Gun, launchs AIM9/AIM7, weapon drop/blast and missile launch are visible both in single and multiplayer mode with no or negligible FSX server clogging (tested and verified with up to 10 players and 25 weapon, bandwidth load remains below 80 KBytes)

OTHERS
======
Model comes with complete docs:
- Normal/emergency/weapons procedures pilot checklists
- Real 300 pages aircraft manual patched to be fully used with the model
- Other useful docs
- High detailed sceneries of 2 Italian airbases (Rimini and Istrana)
- Support forum account
- All version 3.x upgrading and patches at no cost.
- Full detailed paint kit available for painters (It will be published later)
- GPL (restricted) licensedNOTE: F-104 S is assured to work flawlessly in FSX - ACC PACK only, run on FSX SP1 or SP2 have been not tested.

SOLO/MULTIPLAYER CONSIDERATIONS (SOLO vs UBUNTU)
================================================
- UBUNTU models are optimized for multiplayer environment, fuselage has less than 80000 triangles, no bumps nor specular maps still mantaining an excellent graphical quality, it does not require great rendering resources and is frame rate friendly.
- UBUNTU models can be used with more than 10 players with no or little frame drop, above 20 players frame rate is still acceptable on high end machines.
- SOLO models can be still used in multiplayer as well, however they do have more complex fuselage, bump and specular maps. We suggest to do not fly with more than 6 players with SOLO models.

Tartuffe
April 30th, 2012, 10:49
Hello LUCE1,

I'm looking to download this "interim release" on the site, butt I can't find her. :cool:
Could you help me, please ?

@+

DagR
April 30th, 2012, 11:30
Cannot find it either

Best
DagR

hschuit
April 30th, 2012, 11:46
Gents, do not despair: Mario Motta is emailing the download link for 3.2.1, I received my email 10 minutes ago, downloading the 246 Mb rar file now.

LUCE1
April 30th, 2012, 11:53
Cannot find it either
Best
DagR
Hi Dag,
registered user will receive a mail, also download links on our support forum very soon (minutes)
New users visit:
http://www.simskunkworks.102virtual.org/index.php/software
free registration needed

DagR
April 30th, 2012, 11:58
Got you email Mario, thanks ;-)

Best
DagR

Sundog
April 30th, 2012, 15:12
I donated 20 Euros to get this a week or so ago and still haven't received a d/l link and I even messaged you guys at your site. Is my e-mail spam blocking you guys?

Pluto12
April 30th, 2012, 15:35
Hi to all......here a short promotional video....enjoy

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RLzIVjsGvS8" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>

Best Regards

Emanuele

@SunDog: We will check for your order...send order details at staff@102virtual.org, and we will solve it! ;)

Sundog
April 30th, 2012, 17:08
@SunDog: We will check for your order...send order details at staff@102virtual.org, and we will solve it! ;)

Hi Pluto,

Sent and thank you. :)

dvj
April 30th, 2012, 20:56
I think I'll just wait for 3.4.0.

Soon, I hope.
d

LUCE1
April 30th, 2012, 23:25
I donated 20 Euros to get this a week or so ago and still haven't received a d/l link and I even messaged you guys at your site. Is my e-mail spam blocking you guys?
Hi Ken,
we answered at all your mails, here a short story of our mailing with you:
- our order received on:Sunday, 22 April 2012 00:35
- download links were first mailed to you on:Sunday, 22 April 2012 06:45
- after a your request download links mailed again on: 04/25/2012 08:46 AM
- account on our support forum activated on: 04/14/2012 12:04 PM
- finally since we have others users that donated but did not order anything we made a last mail on: 04/30/2012 09:46 AM
It seems that you have spam filter that doesn't like SSW :-)
We will try to get in touch using SOH PM, let us know.
regards
/SSW

LUCE1
April 30th, 2012, 23:36
I think I'll just wait for 3.4.0.

Soon, I hope.
d
Just to keep our users informed, version 3.4.0 will not arrive soon and will be a version with effective weapons and most probably P3D 2.0 oriented.
cheers
/SSW

daisan
May 1st, 2012, 03:22
Impressive video Emanuele!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZsoltB
May 2nd, 2012, 00:34
Thank you so much!

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/4599/zipper1.jpg

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/2288/zipper2.jpg

Zsolt

papab
May 4th, 2012, 08:50
So from what I can read:
You order the download, wait for conformation and the link, download and install the aircraft and if you like it you need to donate $20 or it will not work..

Is this correct?
Rick

jetstreamsky
May 4th, 2012, 09:50
It will work for a short time (7 mins I think) then it will pause FSX until another aircraft is loaded.

This is a very short time when you don't know how to start it, so you're unlikely to get a trial flight until you get the minimum procedure under your belt. Once you do, you can do a wide ciruit to get a good idea of what it's like to fly and you either rapidly learn to keep rpm up or make lawn darts :applause:

If you've enjoyed your experience, make the transaction for unlimited fun with the F-104

papab
May 4th, 2012, 10:35
It will work for a short time (7 mins I think) then it will pause FSX until another aircraft is loaded.

This is a very short time when you don't know how to start it, so you're unlikely to get a trial flight until you get the minimum procedure under your belt. Once you do, you can do a wide ciruit to get a good idea of what it's like to fly and you either rapidly learn to keep rpm up or make lawn darts :applause:

If you've enjoyed your experience, make the transaction for unlimited fun with the F-104

Thank you for clearing that up
Rick

LUCE1
May 4th, 2012, 12:10
So from what I can read:
You order the download, wait for conformation and the link, download and install the aircraft and if you like it you need to donate $20 or it will not work..

Is this correct?
Rick
yes close to be exact:
- without activation key time limit is 10', reload the aircraft and you will have 10 minutes more
- minimum donation is 20 € not 20 $
cheers
/SSW

StormILM
May 4th, 2012, 12:40
Yes, the US Dollar amount is roughly $28 and it is very much worth every dollar!

Quick summary of the model from my testing/use:

Very high detail in the 3D detail in the VC/VC textures & very high quality textures for the exterior.
Excellent FPS performance
Excellent animations throughout the model
Systems depth is very high but with minimal to moderate training time can be easily mastered.
Procedure flows both in flight and non-flight(on ground) are very realistic
Sounds and effects are excellent
Flight modeling is excellent in being both stable but also very challenging
Weapons and Radar features are a very nice addition to the model

I have owned both old freeware F-104's(FS8) and payware CS and C9 F-104's(for FS9) and clearly this one is by far the most well thought out & quality version I've seen so far. Can't wait until the F-104G comes out.

ZsoltB
May 5th, 2012, 08:56
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/6383/rrrrrrrrz.jpg

Thunderbolt
May 5th, 2012, 09:19
wow, nice paint art :applause:

AusWilko
June 2nd, 2012, 16:23
While I wait for my registration key I'd thought I'd get some repaints but it seems there isn't any around

Anyone know of some

Cheers