PDA

View Full Version : Click Spots INOP

full
April 30th, 2012, 09:44
Hi,

I've been testing my new Ercoupe in Prepar3d and it all works good apart from the click spots only work if you get really close to them even zooming in doesn't work, is there a fix/workaround for this ?

Could it be that the model is created with the gmax gamepack ? instead of the Prepar3d plug-in using 3ds max ?

Lionheart
April 30th, 2012, 10:29
Hi,

I've been testing my new Ercoupe in Prepar3d and it all works good apart from the click spots only work if you get really close to them even zooming in doesn't work, is there a fix/workaround for this ?

Could it be that the model is created with the gmax gamepack ? instead of the Prepar3d plug-in using 3ds max ?

Hey Craig,

The only time click spots are not working is when the view point goes behind some polygons. The seat or view point will move back in accellerations and certain movements where head latency moves the eyepoint rearward a bit. If you move the eyepoint forward a little ways, you should no longer have the issue.

Let me know if that helps.

Bill

Dangerous Beans
April 30th, 2012, 10:47
There's more to it than that in this case Bill, I assume you just haven't come across it with any of the plane you've installed yet,

Carenado planes seem to be the worst for it. Ones I've got that have the problem are the C152, C172N & C337.
The others I have work as normal but with those ones you have to move the viewpoint really close to get the click spots to work, even then its usually only the ones nearer the centre of the screen that work.

Only solution I have at the moment is to setup custom views for the panels that you can switch to when needed.
You can either do that manually through the aircraft.cfg which can take hours or with EZDok which takes a couple of minutes.

OleBoy
April 30th, 2012, 10:59
I've had the same troubles. When I noticed the "not able to click" symptom, I realized it was in full screen mode. Once I went to windowed all was click-able again.

full
April 30th, 2012, 11:04
Hi Bill,

Yeah I though it was something was blocking the view and not allowing the click spots to register

But as Dangerous Beans says there is something else going on.... I have reset the XForm in gmax so its not a scaling issue, and as they work up close this is really strange.

I'm using EZCA so its not a massive problem for me, its more of a inconvenience.

Lionheart
April 30th, 2012, 15:13
ACK!!!!

I think I know what it is, lololol....

My Avelina had this happening. Certain small zones were not clickable, but from the other side of the cockpit they worked fine.

I thought it was my codes in the animated parts. Nope.. I had invisible small cubes that are Hierarchy tabs. These were tagged as 'exterior', 'pilot', etc. I couldnt see them in Gmax in color view, only in mesh view, and found that these invisible boxes were blocking me from moving handles and switches.

You might drop Fernando an email and tell him that he might have invisible polygons hovering in the cockpit at true center of the scene.

Tell him to move them via Vertice mode into the floor or panel and save, reset scale, and then he will not have to move the center of the objects and nothing else will need adjustment. (You cannot move the cubes 'overall' but you can move their mesh via Polygons or Vertices' and their centers will then remain centered in the scene).

Man, that took me a while to figure out this year... Horrible.. We have to have 'exterior' node in exact center, which is usually in the center console or nearly between the pilots. Sometimes its near the panel...

One shiny, new, brittle one dollar bill says this is what it is.

Bill

full
May 1st, 2012, 05:33
This is very strange, I don't use invisible box's I use named selection sets so there is nothing in the way.

I also tried "export" instead of "export selection" but this doesn't fix it either :(

Lionheart
May 1st, 2012, 09:06
This is very strange, I don't use invisible box's I use named selection sets so there is nothing in the way.

I also tried "export" instead of "export selection" but this doesn't fix it either :(

dangit...

Well, that shoots that theory down, at least for your planes.

n4gix
May 1st, 2012, 10:28
But as Dangerous Beans says there is something else going on.... I have reset the XForm in gmax so its not a scaling issue, and as they work up close this is really strange.

Have you verified that you've actually reset the scale? Select your suspect object, then open the Graph Editors/Track View/Open Track View window.

Expand the object's entry: Objectname/Transform/Scale... You should see X:100.0 Y:100.0 Z:100.0

If you see anything else, then the Scale has not been reset correctly. :wavey:

full
May 1st, 2012, 10:48
Hey Bill,

Yeah I've just checked it and as you can see, the throttle's scale is reset.

This is becoming a royal PITA. LOL

full
May 4th, 2012, 10:00
Hi everyone, some clever chap over at the P3D forums posted a Fix of sorts to get around the INOP click spots.

Basically all you have to do is move your water reflections slider down to "None" and all click spots are active !

Lionheart
May 4th, 2012, 10:02
Well thats grim. Horrible that you have to fly with unreflective water. Glad the click spots are now working though.

full
May 4th, 2012, 10:12
Yeah its not great but the water still does shimmer and look wet at "None" you just don't get the cloud, aircraft reflections.

Lionheart
May 4th, 2012, 10:20
Ahh.. Roger that. That isnt so bad then.

If I remember correctly, with FSX, if you turned it all the way down, it looked pretty bad.

Bill

full
May 4th, 2012, 10:44
Here's a pic showing the water at "None" still looks good to me, It reminds me of FS9 water but a bit better :)

Lionheart
May 4th, 2012, 13:04
Here's a pic showing the water at "None" still looks good to me, It reminds me of FS9 water but a bit better :)

Roger that.

Goodness, that Erocoupe is looking good. Nicely done on the wings. I build a wooden model with paper covering when I was a kid. Those wing tips appear dead on.

Bruce Thompson
May 4th, 2012, 15:04

Hi full,
Can I ask why have you got your Target Fps set at 60fps, your eyes can't detect anything much over 25fps,
a target of 60 puts a load on your system!
If you reduce the target fps to 30fps then you could increase your water reflections a bit.

Bruce.