PDA

View Full Version : Could it be?, is it true?, a fix for the G3D.DLL crash

OleBoy
April 30th, 2012, 05:29
Looks like Pete Dowson found a way to trap and prevent P3D from crashing from the dreaded g3d.dll error. :applause:

More info. http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=1058

Lionheart
April 30th, 2012, 05:41
Good to hear.

I had my first CTD last night in a standard bootup. :blind:

I wonder if it was one of those...

Crusader
April 30th, 2012, 07:40
I use to know this but my aging mind has hit another snag . Other than an occasional error using a couple of Carenado's planes (C337 & C185) , I still get what I think has been termed the "menus.dll" error . I've seen it discussed on a couple of other forums including Prepar3D .
Running Win7 64bit . I've had it happen switching back and forth from the Map Menu and occasionally the Airports Menu . Very strange with using the Map when flying . Sometimes I will exit the Map by hitting the OK button or the Cancel button and done this many , many times and never got the error then it will pop up .

Just wondering where the errors log is kept for Prepar3D ?

Have a great day ?

Rich

Lionheart
April 30th, 2012, 10:27
I use to know this but my aging mind has hit another snag . Other than an occasional error using a couple of Carenado's planes (C337 & C185) , I still get what I think has been termed the "menus.dll" error . I've seen it discussed on a couple of other forums including Prepar3D .
Running Win7 64bit . I've had it happen switching back and forth from the Map Menu and occasionally the Airports Menu . Very strange with using the Map when flying . Sometimes I will exit the Map by hitting the OK button or the Cancel button and done this many , many times and never got the error then it will pop up .

Just wondering where the errors log is kept for Prepar3D ?

Have a great day ?

Rich

I have had this happen a couple of times. Its as though the map system is unstable. Another was just going to the menu and something occurred there, the sim locked up. Interesting. I thought it was just me.

I have had my first CTD's yesterday, and also had some stuttering for the first time. I couldnt believe it. (I hate stutters... ).

Bill

Dangerous Beans
April 30th, 2012, 10:54
I've not had anything like that yet here.

Only times my P3D has crashed is when I've been editing panel.cfg's amd such and I've loaded and reloaded plane after plane after plane so I only mave myself to blame there.

I'm wondering though if the UIAutomationCore.dll fix for FSX might work, sounds like the same problem to me.

n4gix
April 30th, 2012, 12:37
WARNING - CAUTION

When using Reload Aircraft, be sure you turn your AI traffic off completely. Every time you Reload Aircraft, a new instance of AI flightplans is launched at the same time. Eventually, this will exhaust all available VAS and trigger a CTD.

You have been warned! :173go1:

Dangerous Beans
April 30th, 2012, 13:39
WARNING - CAUTION

When using Reload Aircraft, be sure you turn your AI traffic off completely. Every time you Reload Aircraft, a new instance of AI flightplans is launched at the same time. Eventually, this will exhaust all available VAS and trigger a CTD.

You have been warned! :173go1:

Thanks, that explains a lot.
Told you it was my own fault :)

Lionheart
April 30th, 2012, 20:07
Interesting.... Many thanks Bill.