PDA

View Full Version : Aerosoft A-10 in FSX.......

Warrant
October 3rd, 2008, 08:29
....works excellent!

Just migrated the excellent FS9 payware Aerosoft A-10 folders to FSX and it is up and running without any problems.:medals:

MCDesigns
October 3rd, 2008, 13:04
Really? How's performance? All the gauges work?

I hope a true FSX version comes out, always liked the warthog

Warrant
October 3rd, 2008, 13:37
Really? How's performance? All the gauges work?

I hope a true FSX version comes out, always liked the warthog

The performance is equal to that in FS9.

All the gauges function as well.

The only thing it lacks is the gun effect.

Aerosoft has an FSX/FS9 A-10 project as can be read here: http://aerosoft2.de/trader/pdf/Release%20list%20engl.pdf

It most likely is an update (effects etc.) of the same package with an installer that is compatible with FSX. Perhaps (and hopefully :d) they also added a rare dual seat variant. It is due to be released in Nov 2008.

So far the FS9 one is fully functional/compatible and working excellent in FSX.

deimos256
October 3rd, 2008, 14:34
hmmmm my download link im sure has expired from sim market perhaps ill purchase the extension for it and get it back up and running

MCDesigns
October 3rd, 2008, 15:59
Thanks Warrant, have to check it out!

hmmmm my download link im sure has expired from sim market perhaps ill purchase the extension for it and get it back up and running

Actually simmarket has unlimited downloads now, just click away!

deimos256
October 3rd, 2008, 16:24
even if i purchased it years ago? i know it still shows up under purchases, i checked the other day

VinFlyer
October 3rd, 2008, 16:48

Aerosoft has an FSX/FS9 A-10 project as can be read here: http://aerosoft2.de/trader/pdf/Release%20list%20engl.pdf

It most likely is an update (effects etc.) of the same package with an installer that is compatible with FSX. Perhaps (and hopefully :d) they also added a rare dual seat variant. It is due to be released in Nov 2008.

Hmmm, I'm surprised that it's working that well in FSX. I never tried it before.
The FSX update that Aerosoft has been / is working on is a complete rebuild for FSX so more than just an update of effect files :d
Now I don't know what the status of this project is at this moment. They fired the 3D guy who made this thing, so it might take a bit longer than november of this year to see the A-10 in FSX.

ananda
October 4th, 2008, 00:53
Thanks for the HU(D), I hadn't tried it either but it was worth it :wiggle:

doublecool
October 4th, 2008, 04:29
It looks Great :kilroy:

deimos256
October 4th, 2008, 08:42

my gun effect works, when i loaded her up the gun was firing away, i had to turn on all the lights then shut them off to get it to go away

Warrant
October 4th, 2008, 12:55
Great to find out not many others knew this nice FS9 bird would function in FSX this well, and without modification. :isadizzy:

Good news for the simmers who purchased the bird a while ago for FS9 and still have it stored somewhere while evolving to FSX. Could save owners of the Aerosoft A-10 FS9 some $$$ if they were planning on the purchase of the A-10 for FSX (unless there are some major improvements, visual effects, variants and weapons included in the new version and FS-9 owners get a discount (or better, an upgrade for free :d)).

Perhaps worth a sticky for a while, admins?

kilo delta
October 4th, 2008, 16:30
Sort of off topic:redf:...........but you can download a FREE copy of the A-10 Flight Manual here... http://www.lulu.com/content/473774 :)

Warrant
October 4th, 2008, 16:56
Cool, Thanks

Nice reading material:applause:

captdoug
November 3rd, 2008, 10:40
I loaded the A-10 into FSX

Started it up and it appears to run ok, but when I switch to the VC I have a narrowband of the 2-D panel showing on the bottom of my widescreen monitor. Then when I switch to spot plane view the the strip of the 2-D panel remains on my computer screen.

I read somewhere about something may need to be changed in the panel or aircraft .cfg to reslove this problem with FS9 portovers?

Does anyone know what I shouls do?

Thanks,

Captdoug

kilo delta
November 3rd, 2008, 10:52
This is a common problem with fs9 portovers in fsx. Open the Aircraft's Panel.cfg with notepad and edit as follows...

[Default View]
X=0
Y=0
SIZE_X=8191
SIZE_Y=6143

:wavey:

ColoKent
November 3rd, 2008, 11:19
...Could someone tell me what the different models are that are included (Aerosoft claims 11), and what are the different loadouts?

Specifically, is there a ferry loadout with aux tanks and a luggage pod?

I'd love to hear details...

Kent

kilo delta
November 3rd, 2008, 11:42
http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/re/iboshop.cgi?showd,4000497600,FS02230
and here's a review... http://www.avsim.com/pages/0405/A10/A10.htm .

While it looks okay in FSX (dx9c) bear in mind that it's designed for fs9. I've noticed that the flight dynamics are screwed in fsx although I've yet to get my hands on a real Hawg in order to prove my point:costumes::d
I'd recommend holding off purchasing it till Aerosoft release a true fsx'd A-10.However if you are still running fs9 along with fsx....snap it up!! :)

ColoKent
November 3rd, 2008, 11:50
...I've been to both those links...

Kent

captdoug
November 3rd, 2008, 12:54
This is a common problem with fs9 portovers in fsx. Open the Aircraft's Panel.cfg with notepad and edit as follows...

[Default View]
X=0
Y=0
SIZE_X=8191
SIZE_Y=6143

:wavey:

Thanks, KD

I had to increase the size_y value to 6145 on my monitor and resolution
because using the above value left a splinter or trace slit of 2-D panel showing. Almost invislbe but just enough to no something was there.

It appears ok now, haven't tried 6144 which is only an increase of 1

maybe I will.

Last question... I remember having an alternate set of flat or no sheen textures to replace the slighlty glossy default sets, I deleted them from the HD and can't remember where I got them from. Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Thanks,

Captdoug

RobH
November 3rd, 2008, 17:42
Thank you Warrant for the Heads up and thanks Kilo Delta for the panel fix:ernae:

jungle_balloo
November 4th, 2008, 03:00
Hello all,

I want to know, please, what is that "FS9 portovers"

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

kilo delta
November 4th, 2008, 04:05
FS9 portovers are aircraft that were originally designed to run in FS2004 but have been manually added into FSX (with varying degrees of success),

jungle_balloo
November 5th, 2008, 11:28
Thank you very much for your reply, kilo delta. :ernae:

ColoKent
November 12th, 2008, 15:47
Just bought the Aerosoft A-10, and it works GREAT in FSX!!! I can't believe this thing is four years old!

I'm hoping it will be possible to use the alpha channel to remove some of the stores, but we'll see...

And apparently Aerosoft is going to officially update it for FSX...and I'm going to lobby for a better set of loadouts (including my two beloved cross country loadouts: 1. Twin travel pods only under the fuselage, and 2. Large centerline tank with travel pod on one wing).

We'll see how that goes...this thing is AWESOME, however!

Kent

yago9
November 25th, 2008, 13:05
I have the FX Acelleration SP2 installed DX10 and it,s NOT working..

kilo delta
November 25th, 2008, 14:12
That's correct, Yago9........unfortunately as it's an fs9 portover it will not display properly under DX10. It will ,however, look and fly reasonably well under DX9 mode albeit with an fps hit.