PDA

View Full Version : IRIS BD5-G/J Question

falcon409
April 28th, 2012, 10:14
I posted this over on the IRIS BD5 Support Forum, but I don't really expect to get an answer so I'm posting it here as well. Somebody has the answer for this and I'm more apt to get it here than on their forum.

When the original release came out it was found that a basic AP setup (used for beta testing) had remained with the airplane. However, it didn't function correctly, it would not hold an altitude and if you set a specific heading the airplane would zig-zag back and forth trying to lock and never would. Eventually the airplane would actually go into a descending spiral and crash if you weren't paying attention. So, I am looking for anyone who has this airplane (both the jet and prop) and has found a way to make the basic AP functions actually work as they should (and do on most default airplanes).

Before anyone who doesn't have the airplane comes in and reminds me that I can simply swap the "0" in the AP section of the aircraft cfg file for a "1" to make it active. . . .that doesn't work with this airplane. . . .also, doing a similar swap in the airfile, has no effect either. Been there, done that. . .the normal easy fixes don't work. I vaguely remember some talk about some of the original coding being removed and that had to be reconfigured, yada, yada, tada. This will take someone who has the airplane (both airplanes) and has gone through and found a way to correct the problems beyond the obvious. Thanks!!