PDA

View Full Version : Does Prepar3D support FsX Acceleration?

Roger
April 27th, 2012, 10:17
Says it all really, lol. In other words do add-ons that work best (or only work) with FsXA work in P3D?

kjb
April 27th, 2012, 10:21
I think so. I believe Acceleration (aka SP2) were the basis for their enhancements, sort of an SP2 Plus :)

luckydog
April 27th, 2012, 10:24
I'm pretty certain its supported (think I read that somewhere in this forum).........

SkippyBing
April 27th, 2012, 10:48
Put simply yes.

All the extra variables etc. that Acceleration added are in P3D, and carrier ops function exactly as in FSX with Acceleration.

Dangerous Beans
April 27th, 2012, 10:49
I assume it does as the catapults, wires and moving carriers work.

Roger
April 27th, 2012, 10:52
Wow that was quick!:ernae:

Thanks for all the replies fellas.

Lionheart
April 27th, 2012, 15:02
I worry that it would slow down P3D. When I loaded Acceleration into FSX way back when (same computer) it slowed down FSX moderately.

CG_1976
April 27th, 2012, 16:12
Well my FSX Acceleration AC work well in Prepar3D as does piglets.

Lionheart
April 27th, 2012, 18:56
I wonder why my computer had such a problem with Accel. Man, I just hate it when things will not run on my rig...

:isadizzy:

Daube
April 28th, 2012, 04:19
I wonder why my computer had such a problem with Accel. Man, I just hate it when things will not run on my rig...

:isadizzy:

It's not Acceleration that caused this, it was the "SP2" part inside Acceleration.
In fact, Acceleration is just SP2 with some modifications to the flight models (for supersonic flights) and some additionnal features like carrier operations, piston engine damage etc... Installing SP2 instead of Acceleration would have had the exact same effects on the performance of your computer.

Lionheart
April 28th, 2012, 08:45
It's not Acceleration that caused this, it was the "SP2" part inside Acceleration.
In fact, Acceleration is just SP2 with some modifications to the flight models (for supersonic flights) and some additionnal features like carrier operations, piston engine damage etc... Installing SP2 instead of Acceleration would have had the exact same effects on the performance of your computer.

Thanks Daube for the explanation. Ahhh, updates... ACK!

This time around, for some reason, I had to install update 2 in order to get the planes to show correctly (addon planes) in FSX. Same computer, same OS, and this time I needed SP2. Why? arrgh... And no worries. I now have P3D with continuous enhancement.

Bill