PDA

View Full Version : CTD Reports; When, Where, Details

CG_1976
April 25th, 2012, 15:22
Does anyone know how to stop them dang menu.dll errors err ruined my 5 hour flight to PANC,even ruined my two flights to phoenix from LAX. FSX used to have these I think tool bar error it was.

Lionheart
April 25th, 2012, 16:11
I havent heard of that one CG. You might paruse the forums at Prepar3D and see if they have a post on it and a fix.

Hasnt happened to me.

Curious, has anyone placed the Modules folder and Modules from FSX into P3D yet? I was afraid to. I need FSUIPC in there.

Bill

ZEUS67
April 25th, 2012, 17:39
I havent heard of that one CG. You might paruse the forums at Prepar3D and see if they have a post on it and a fix.

Hasnt happened to me.

Curious, has anyone placed the Modules folder and Modules from FSX into P3D yet? I was afraid to. I need FSUIPC in there.

Bill

Prepar3D has a special folder where all modules must be installed:

[Drive]:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\Addons

In that folder all addons will be installed in their own subfolders.

Of course, you must still create the entry in either dll.xml or exe.xml

CG_1976
April 25th, 2012, 17:49
Hum no Addons folder in my structure, just a Addon scenery. FSUIPC adds a Modules folder and yep entry is in config along with dll xml.

Lionheart
April 25th, 2012, 19:29

Thanks Zeus. I had read that in the SDK. I didnt know it was for modules as well. Good to know.

Bill

CG_1976
April 25th, 2012, 19:36
Ive been fumbling around the Prepar3/d forums to no end lol. My Ifly Prepar3D specific version crashes like the others 293 miles from KBIL.
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Prepar3D.exe
Application Version: 1.3.3708.0
Application Timestamp: 4f516cc9
Fault Module Name: menus.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4f5172a5
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00002479
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Lionheart
April 25th, 2012, 21:49
Hey CG,

At least there is a constant, the distance. That is a sign that 'something exact' is happening to all of you. It will be easier to trace and diagnose.

Middle, I only have 1 Gig of RAM more then you (XP 32bit only uses 3 Gigs of RAM), and you have a dual core, I only have a 1 core chippie. You seem to have a more powerful computer that only needs one more stick of RAM.

Bill

Dangerous Beans
April 25th, 2012, 22:43
Bill

The latest version of FSUIPC is P3D compatible, you don't need to copy it over from FSX.
Just download the latest version and install it directly into P3D using the same key you use for FSX.

Lionheart
April 26th, 2012, 01:09
Bill

The latest version of FSUIPC is P3D compatible, you don't need to copy it over from FSX.
Just download the latest version and install it directly into P3D using the same key you use for FSX.

I didnt know that DB. I'll do that.

Bill

CG_1976
April 26th, 2012, 13:54
Anyone got hair replacments lol just ctd 53 miles out of KBIL on a new install err.

Lionheart
April 26th, 2012, 14:13
CG,

I wonder if its because you have your modules in a Modules folder and not in the Addons folder. Have you tried it?

CG_1976
April 26th, 2012, 14:16
Intersting you say addons. On the vanilla install I didnt see a addons folder, just addon scenery.

Lionheart
April 26th, 2012, 14:33
Its just like with FSX, you have to add it.

I read about it in the P3D SDK, but didnt realise they were talking about the Modules folder. Its the addons 'interface' folder that the game engine refers to. This could be why you are CTD'ing.

Look up the posts to Zeus' post.

EDIT: Here it is;

Zeus

I am going to go out on a limb and 'guess' that P3D will start with a module now in this 'Addon' folder, and that P3D will probably create the slot in the dll.xml file and you shut down P3D, go into the DLL.XML with Notepad and hand edit 'false' to 'true' to activate that module, like adding tools in the FSX SDK. I need to figure out how this is done. I havent installed the FSUIPC yet.

Bill

Naismith
April 26th, 2012, 14:44
Whoa there, this needs clarification. I just created a "Addons" folder, dragged the contents of the Modules folder into it, then removed from P3D the original Modules folder. Fired up sim, works but FSUIPC is not there. Came out of sim, reset everything as it was, fired up the sim and FSUIPC was back but - and this is where the confusion seems to be, it is listed under a drop down menu item called ADDONS. It is a menu name ion the running game not a folder name within the explorer program.
Have I got this right?

CG_1976
April 26th, 2012, 14:45
Interesting info and will try. The part manual edit path in the Dll is going to be a challenge.
(http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/member.php?3097-Naismith)Naismith I only have the nodule folder and FSUIPC and Ifly in there and my tool bar has the two. this menu dll ctd is pain in the queens rump.

Lionheart
April 26th, 2012, 16:20
Whoa there, this needs clarification. I just created a "Addons" folder, dragged the contents of the Modules folder into it, then removed from P3D the original Modules folder. Fired up sim, works but FSUIPC is not there. Came out of sim, reset everything as it was, fired up the sim and FSUIPC was back but - and this is where the confusion seems to be, it is listed under a drop down menu item called ADDONS. It is a menu name ion the running game not a folder name within the explorer program.
Have I got this right?

This is news to me as well. I learned this last night and do not fully understand it. I am sure its discussed over at P3D. I am going to see what I can find out.

ZEUS67
April 26th, 2012, 20:28
From the SDK:

When creating an add on for Prepar3DŽ, the following directory structure/installation paths are expected of add on developers:
NOTE: <Prepar3D> - refers to the installation directory of the Prepar3DŽ application (e.g. C:\Program_Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D)
NOTE: <Add On> - refers to the name of your add on; e.g. MyAddOn

<Prepar3D>\Addons\<Add On>

The main installation directory for a single add on. Typically, the main application executable will be placed in this location.

<Prepar3D>\Addons\<Add On>\bin

For development only, this is typically the path for all compiled executables and libraries used for by the add on. It is recommended that for a release that the bin folder is not included and that all of these files be placed in the main installation directory.

<Prepar3D>\Addons\<Add On>\data

The path for any data files needed for use by the add on.

<Prepar3D>\Addons\<Add On>\doc

The path for any HTML documents, CSS, and other documents provided with the add on for reference. The Learning Center will automatically populate with the HTML files located in this folder.

CG_1976
April 27th, 2012, 12:18
Tried a different route to KBIL. KGRB-CYWG KBIL. Success Get out of my way scarebus err:icon_lol:.