PDA

View Full Version : Same Shot - P3D and FSX

roger-wilco-66
April 26th, 2012, 13:23
Hi,

I made two shots on our (Tom Stovall and I) upcoming Chi Chi Shima 1945 scenario.
I set them up, same time of day (11:30). P3D has Aime Leclercs 30cm rock and rainforest textures, I must say ( https://sites.google.com/site/aimecreations/ ). FSX uses the commercial shader extension. Both are tuned with Bojotes fsx.cfg tool. So, the setup except for the crisp landclass textures, is comparable. Both simulators use the same scenery and texture folders.

My conclusion: P3D is better on four issues. 1st is performance and stuttering. 2nd is shading. 3rd is the stronger coloring. 4th is a somehow different handling of elevation/slopes in P3D. Look at the slopes of the hills. Looks more natural to me in P3D.

The only thing I don't like about P3D are the overdone sun reflections of the water. Too much for my taste. Also, the water is too bright / greyish.

The reason why I don't have the high-res landclass textures in FSX is that it hits the FPS to a point where it hurts.
64104 64105

BTW, I have a rather lowly Q6600@3GHz system with 4Gb Ram and a NV460 1024Gb Ram gfx card.

Cheers,
Mark

billythe
April 28th, 2012, 07:17
[The only thing I don't like about P3D are the overdone sun reflections of the water]yes as installed prepar3d i noticed too that e terrain and hills are looked better in prepar3d, i didn't like water too..after installed rex now water looks fine, hope that soon there will be an instant scenery for prepar3d..didn't like other placing objects program.