PDA

View Full Version : RARE HE-219 FOUND

Fibber
April 26th, 2012, 10:00
Here is a brief article about a HE-219 that has recently been found. http://www.thelocal.de/national/20120426-42183.html

Shessi
April 28th, 2012, 00:13
Hi Folks,

For info, it looks like it is the below ac. An interesting find, who'd have thought it, now two rare He219s!

This from the excellent Airwar over Denmark site:-

He 219A-0 serial number 190119 crashed into the sea off Bulbjerg 1/6 1944

The aircraft belonged to 3./ NJG 1 and was coded G9+AK.
T/o. Op: Gunnery training.

While on gunnery training heavy smoke was seen coming from the aircraft while flying at 80 metres. At 14:00 hours it crashed into the sea killing the three man crew.
Pilot Oberleutnant Friedrich Guth, Feldwebel Andreas Klein and Obergefreiter Herbert Otto were all laid to rest in Frederikshavn cemetery on 10/6 1944.

Cheers

Shessi

Killer Svend
May 8th, 2012, 22:30
Hi
I reforwarded your message to the defence museum in Aalborg who is taking care of the restoring the wreck as much as possible . They do obviously not have these info's and came back to me asking where I have my info's from. I will kindly resend this question to you, as the museum does see me as an interfering amateur.
Killer Svend:salute:

Shessi
May 9th, 2012, 14:49
Hi KS,
Yes, no problem. PM me with the details for the person at the museum and I will answer them.

I hope they appreciate that you were only trying to be helpful!

Cheers

Shessi

Killer Svend
May 11th, 2012, 04:09
I got an answer from the museum gents with a mush friendlier approach It seems that the guy who contacted me is a close friend with mr. Soeren C. Flensted who's wep page I have been looking in, I do not know if your info's are from these sources if they are,it is not nessesary to go further into the discussion about the subject. But if the details come from either RAF or Luftwaffe sources it would be quite another story.
Killer Svend:salute: