PDA

View Full Version : REX 2.0 Grass Textures

Crusader
April 26th, 2012, 03:33
Although I have REX 2.0 , I havn't loaded it into Prepar3D yet . I might wait for their "REX Essential" they are coming out with for Prepar3D . In the mean time , some of you might want to try out their REX 2.0 Grass Textures in the freeware download section(about 2/3 down the page--1.7MB). I know along with me , thousands of you have probably already have used it in FSX . I even put it into FS9 and it made a huge difference . Some people thought it made grass look too "thick looking" but I certainly prefer it over the rather "dull" look of the default . MAKE sure you back up your default "detail1.bmp" it replaces in your Scenery/World/Texture folder and if you don't like it , switch back . http://realenvironmentxtreme.com/downloads.html

First pic(upper left) is default , last three REX 2.0 Grass .( PrePar3D Textures were set at
(2048X2048 ) within the Sim . I have never tried the 4096X4096 . I assumed my mediocre system would not handle them but I may try default set at 4096 just for the heck of it but I'm sure I'll probably be crawling across the country side . (Gigabyte EP45C-4D3R , Q9650 3.0 OC'd to 3.6 , 8G DDR3 , GTX 560ti 1G)

Rich

Lionheart
April 26th, 2012, 08:25
Thanks for the heads up Crusader.

That is indeed thick looking grass, but its photo real! That is a massive jump from what we had in FS9. I doubt I would ever use 4096 grass either, but man, this is nice looking.

The future of the sim is upon us. Feels good...

Bill