PDA

View Full Version : Fsx is wearing me out!

elcamino
April 25th, 2012, 21:10
It all started about a month ago when I bought a new machine and tried installing fsx on it.
I couldn't register that copy via normal means or over the phone.
I bought the gold version and installed that just fine and have been slowly installing planes
and scenery the past week.
Tonight I get "your trial 45 minutes is over please register." or wording meaning the same.
How many times do I need to register this thing? Wasn't the first time enough. It has been
working okay.
Don't tell me I need to re-install fsx again..

Roger
April 26th, 2012, 05:24
I'd hope you wouldn't need to reinstall. Unless anyone out there has an idea what to do, I'd get on the phone to MS. Good luck!

napamule
April 26th, 2012, 12:20
ElCamino,
How you doing? Long time no see. I got Gold + Accelleration. You need to install to OTHER than 'C://Program Files..' if you have Win 7 due to 'permissions' issues (that you can't 'fix' -so install elswhere). Installing to: 'C://Flight Simulator X', or 'D://Flight Simulator X' will do fine. Installing 'Gold' is a 2 part operation.

(1). Install FSX Gold (aka: 'Deluxe'-DVD #1). Do not install 'Accelleration' at this point-won't work. Start FSX and run the sim (and let it register itself if offered-should work 'ok') for a few minutes. Then shut FSX down. Restart PC. This is IMPORTANT step. Restart PC (or else).

(2). THEN install 'Accelleration' (DVD #2). Also run FSX again (and register the 'Accelleration' half - they have seperate PRODUCT KEY). Shut down FSX and restart PC (this does entry to Registry, etc, and is VITAL step). Done! Good luck.
Chuck B
Napamule
PS: Sometimes it's just not worth it to 'plow through' when Windows is involved. Sometimes it's best to 'bite the bullet', reformat HDrive, do fresh install of Windows and when that is stable/patched/updated/virus protected/etc THEN do CLEAN install of sim. FSX 'Gold' edition has all the Service Patches (SP1 & SP2) already included, so don't try to do any 'SP work' on it. Also make sure you maintain SimConnect (dll) for FSX Accelleration to work right. Cheers.

elcamino
May 1st, 2012, 01:31
Thanks for the information & tips. I'll follow them to the "T"!!