PDA

View Full Version : 'Schumacher Blasts Pirelli'

Panther_99FS
April 25th, 2012, 09:32
First Schumacher
http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-frustrated-michael-schumacher-takes-a-swipe-at-pirelli/

Then Norbert Haug
http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-norbert-haug-disagrees-with-michael-schumachers-pirelli-blast

aeronca1
April 25th, 2012, 11:04
Go Schumi! I hate it when they use "artificial" means to run F1. F1 is and should be the ultimate forum for racing. let the best car and the best driver win. A procession is boring.....

Panther_99FS
April 25th, 2012, 16:53
Well,
In defense of F1...remember when drivers had to choose from the A, B, or C compound and make them last the entire race..:ques:

Tako_Kichi
April 25th, 2012, 20:24
Well,
In defense of F1...remember when drivers had to choose from the A, B, or C compound and make them last the entire race..:ques:
Yeah but...those tires were meant to run a full race distance. These modern tires intentionally degrade after 5 laps.

wombat666
April 25th, 2012, 21:03
Under normal circumstances I'd rather stick pins into my eyeballs than agree with Herman but just this once he makes a really good point.
However, it is not Pirelli who are the problem, they construct the rubber to a specification, the problem [as always] is the bloody Poison Dwarf and his Show Business entourage.
Bunch of Bloody Muppets!!
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Wing_Z
April 26th, 2012, 12:54
I thought Bahrein perfectly entertaining, and bodes well for the rest of the season!

Panther_99FS
April 26th, 2012, 14:02
Yeah but...those tires were meant to run a full race distance. These modern tires intentionally degrade after 5 laps.

True but the effect was still the same. If you pushed too hard early on, you'd have no tires left for the end.

wombat666
April 26th, 2012, 22:25
I believe the main problem [aside from the Poison Dwarf] is the way the edge falls off the rubber.
It should be more progressive, allowing a driver a couple of laps to manage the stops, but as it stands they're good one minute and useless the next.
IMNSHO, it really should be three compounds only, Dry, Damp and Wet.
:kilroy: