PDA

View Full Version : rotten thing to do

Daveroo
April 23rd, 2012, 08:53
i ofcourse dont know the details or even what kind of person she is,but Pattie Petty and Kyle started Victory junction in hounor of thier son Adam as it was his dream to help children who were sick..i dont know why he was so passionant about it at his age..but he was...now the victory junction board of directors want to boot Mrs Petty out on her butt....i dont have much money..never have had...but ive given to one charity for many years ,and that was VJ....if they kick the pettys out...i will no longer support the camps....

Victory Junction asks Pattie Petty to take a back seat: If the planned Victory Junction Midwest becomes a reality, it likely will be without the help of Pattie Petty, the driving force who created the original NASCAR-themed camp in North Carolina for children with chronic diseases. The Victory Junction board of directors has informed Petty, wife of former NASCAR driver Kyle Petty and daughter-in-law of Hall of Famer Richard Petty, that she will no longer be part of the day-to-day operations of the camp. The board has offered her emeritus status, but she is balking at serving in a purely ceremonial role. "They don't want anything to do with me," said Pattie Petty, who has been living in Kansas City part time while raising funds for the camp in Wyandotte County. "They gave me not one reason. They said they wanted to make a change. & I'm not sure what I did wrong, but the word came back to me I was making irrational decisions. Two board members who wanted me to leave gave me an ultimatum & never go to the camp, not talk to anybody with the camp. & It was probably the most hurtful thing that's ever happened to me in my life." John McKee, president of Victory Junction and who was hired by Pattie Petty, said he has been instructed by the board not to have any comment "because there is an ongoing employment negotiation."(see full story and more quotes at the Kansas City Star (http://www.kansascity.com/2012/04/21/3568562/victory-junction-asks-camp-founder.html))....what the [blank]?(4-22-2012)

Terry
April 23rd, 2012, 11:13
I read that a couple days ago. There are only a couple reasons to want her out, 1. she is incompetent, 2. They don't want her to catch them siphoning off funds. My pick is 2.

Perhaps they can get the NASCAR lawyers to have a look!!!

Daveroo
April 23rd, 2012, 15:15
well id hope its number 2...whats to be incompantant about in something she and her husband created?...

wombat666
April 24th, 2012, 06:42
Politics plain and simple.
Nothing new there Dave.
:icon_eek:

Daveroo
April 24th, 2012, 09:07
well i learned something new this morning on the jayski page...Pattie has Parkinsons...seems ironic that she is a "fund raiser" for a camp for sick kids,,and is sick now herself,,but i think i can understand that they would like her to take a differant role...emaritus..whatever the heck that is...i know what it means..but to me..its an "empty possition" but if shes "ill" then she should take a step back on her own..i know how hard that is to do from my own personal expericanes...but she needs to deal with her parkinsons and let austin,kyle and richard do the camps....