PDA

View Full Version : Some recent aircraft for my collection

flyingbrian
April 22nd, 2012, 19:05
I got a bunch of freeware aircraft in the past week, and I took some screenshots of them. They are taken at either Edwards AFB or North Island NAS with the exception of the Vigilante.
-Brian
63941639356393663937639386393963940P.S. I have been wondering how hard it would be to make a repaint of the HH-60G above of the 129th Air Rescue Wing. I have never done done a repaint before, so I am wondering how hard it is and if you need any software to redo the textures, so please let me know what software if needed. I hear the HH-60Gs from the 129th almost every day, so it would be cool to have the aircraft in FSX.

Daveroo
April 22nd, 2012, 19:50
i have a program from abacus for doing repaints....only used it once and it was pretty easy..but after i bought it ..i was told if you have the "paint kit" or templets,you just need a paint or photo program like paint shop pro.....and they say you need a program called DXTBmt google that and you should be able to find it...

hope these guys can help more

stiz
April 22nd, 2012, 21:18
and they say you need a program called DXTBmp

but if you have photoshop theres no need for that, infact you dont really need to use it at all, you can use imagetool thats included in the SDK :)

flyingbrian
April 23rd, 2012, 06:01
I have Photoshop, so that should work. So you basicly open up the texturefile in Photoshop, modify the texture however you want, and put the texture file back into the aircraft file in FSX. If that is incorrect, let me know, but that seems right Thank you so much.
-Brian