PDA

View Full Version : i wanna update my cat

Daveroo
April 21st, 2012, 09:43
its confermed shes a pest........

but im still confused about this eyesight thing...went to the vet,she said she cant see..was pretty mater of fact about it..did some blood work,got some urine,and a bowl sample...i really really felt bad for haley for that...poor cat...vet called late yesterday said everything else is fine..shes just old,and now blind...

and she does some odd,,,yet slightly amusing things.....do cats know when ya laugh at em??......she has a ritual at night..we do this EVERYNIGHT,and have for many many years......i turn off the tv.lights and pc in the livingroom,remove my clothes,then use the bathroom and she saunters up after im in bed and walks to the far side of the bed,jumps up,,crawls OVER me..and then up my side to my elbow..which she paws at for ten minutes..then lays down and uses my arm for a pillow....
well she came up on to the bed..over me,,and then walked right off the edge of the bed to the floor with a THUNK.....heard a yowl....sort of a mournfull one...but she came back around and tried again and once again..walked off the edge of the bed with a thunk.....to which i laughed......she then jumped up from that spot....

and attacked me.......as if i hurt her feelings for laughing.....

then today i opened the door and turned the fans on cause its hot here.....and she went outside..out on to the lawn...and walked head first into a rock...but turned around and came back to the rv and up the steps as if she could see them...wierd

ronvking
April 21st, 2012, 12:27
I had a cat (since passed on) who did the same of using my arm as a pillow. Another trick was to jump on the bed and stand as close as possible to my legs, then she would fall against them so that the duvet would not move but also meaning my legs have no room to move either. Can only presume she got more heat that way.

Oh and in the morning would jump onto my chest, lie flat out with her face at the side of my neck and go to sleep again. purring.

SSI01
April 21st, 2012, 13:39
Although cats are somewhat more aloof than dogs, there can be no doubt they have affection for their owners; if they show affection to the animal it will return it. Ours are two females, from the same litter, about 9 months old and are still into chasing one another at high speed around the townhouse, although not as much as they used to. Both love to jump on top of the desk where my monitor is and walk back and forth in front of it for a minute or two before jumping up onto the top of the dresser beside the desk, where I will be closely observed for some time. Also, it does not matter what the container holds, water, soda or coffee, if it is open-topped their heads will be in it, trying to get a drink. Like most cats, they are constantly grooming, themselves then each other, and after that, if she is handy, the chihuahua as well. The more adventurous of the two will walk along the curtain rod above the main window in the townhouse in the morning. I am convinced she does this because she knows it will attract our attention, after which we get up and go downstairs where they will be fed. Who says owners can't be trained?:mixedsmi:

Many times people who lose one sense will adapt another to help make up for that (i.e., the blind frequently develop a keener sense of hearing, or the ability to retain their bearings better than someone with sight) and I wonder if animals can do the same. If your cat is outside it might help her if you call her and always do so from the same position - she will hopefully imprint she has to go up some steps or a ramp, for example, before she gets to you and if she repeats this enough times she'll remember those obstacles are in her path and hopefully be prepared for them.