PDA

View Full Version : Maxed Autogen and performance

Lionheart
April 20th, 2012, 14:01
I was just playing around on P3D and found some scenery I hadnt seen before, a small ranch with cows, I think a chicken ranch, etc, etc. Barns and things I hadnt seen before. I dont know if they are from FSX or new, never seen them before though.

So... I adjusted Autogen from 50% slider to maximum setting, which always made my computer fall to 5FPS in FSX. Well, P3D continues running in hops of 15 to 20, usually hanging at 20....!

Nice...!

I was in the countrysides of Michigan, autum trees, not a city. I am sure downtown Seattle would be a hard hit. Speaking of that, I am off to check it out.

Bill

kjb
April 20th, 2012, 15:45
The problem with Seattle is all those models with LODs not working since SP2, so they're frame rate killers. I hope L-M can get that fixed in the next update.

To get LODs working with SP2, you have to add a false animation. I have no idea why that works.

Lionheart
April 20th, 2012, 19:21
Roger that.

I think I messed up my Seattle scenery by linking over to my ORBX scenery addons. The buildings and autogen around Seattle are gone.

When I linked over the ORBX CEX packet, the water disappeared, so I unlinked that and the ocean is back, but now, no autogen and Seattle Tacoma has no more terminal and hanger buildings. Lots of jetway tubes though. But no buildings to link them to.

sigh....