PDA

View Full Version : Migrating our Logbooks

Lionheart
April 19th, 2012, 17:54
Hey all,

Someone stated we could move our logbooks over from FSX to P3D.

Is there any way to add our hours on planes from P3D onto the migrated/imported logbook? Or is it encrypted against doing that?

Bill

Dangerous Beans
April 21st, 2012, 11:10
That was me
Sorry for the late reply but I wanted to do a bit of testing first to make sure these fsx programs didnt cause any problems with P3D and I'm glad to say they work OK

Go to flightsim.com and download fsxlog11.zip and lgbkedit.zip

The first one is for backing up and restoring the logbook and because it need to be in the same folder as the logbook.bin if you put a copy in "My Dosuments\Flight Simulator X Files" it will work with the FSX logbook
a second copy in "My Dosuments\Prepar3D Files" will work with the P3D logbook.

Use the other program to edit the logbook.bin. Its java based so you'll need that installed too.
You can put it anywhere and it always opens the FSX logbook although tou can load the P3D logbook once its running.
It cant import your P3D logbook but it can export it to a csv file that you can open in notepad, you should be able to use that to manually update your FSX logbook with the P3D entries.

Lionheart
April 21st, 2012, 12:00
That was me
Sorry for the late reply but I wanted to do a bit of testing first to make sure these fsx programs didnt cause any problems with P3D and I'm glad to say they work OK

Go to flightsim.com and download fsxlog11.zip and lgbkedit.zip

The first one is for backing up and restoring the logbook and because it need to be in the same folder as the logbook.bin if you put a copy in "My Dosuments\Flight Simulator X Files" it will work with the FSX logbook
a second copy in "My Dosuments\Prepar3D Files" will work with the P3D logbook.

Use the other program to edit the logbook.bin. Its java based so you'll need that installed too.
You can put it anywhere and it always opens the FSX logbook although tou can load the P3D logbook once its running.
It cant import your P3D logbook but it can export it to a csv file that you can open in notepad, you should be able to use that to manually update your FSX logbook with the P3D entries.

Brilliant!

Many thanks DB!

Bill

Dangerous Beans
April 21st, 2012, 12:25
I just found out its possible to open two instances of the editor at the same time, one for FSX and one for P3D.
Should just be a copy and paste job from there.