PDA

View Full Version : Checking at Ed Cooks Site

peperez
April 19th, 2012, 11:16
I found this pearl:

Ten built. The RAF used five as trainers.

Cheers

Pepe

Jagdflieger
April 21st, 2012, 11:28
That's a neat little plane. I'm off to look for it.

Update: Was that "Ted Cook" web site?

Link for Ted Cook's site:

http://www.tedcook.btinternet.co.uk/

Can't find the little Cygnet there though.

sc7500
April 21st, 2012, 14:01
...That's a neat little plane. I'm off to look for it.

Update: Was that "Ted Cook" web site? Link for Ted Cook's site:

http://www.tedcook.btinternet.co.uk/ (http://www.tedcook.btinternet.co.uk/)

Can't find the little Cygnet there though...

I found the Ted Cook Cygnet at:

http://www.tedcook.me.uk/library/page3.html

It's also listed at Simviation under Edward Cook:

http://www.simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=cygnet&x=19&y=8

HOWEVER, neither has an RAF skin in the kit !

SC
:kilroy:

fde_bressy
April 22nd, 2012, 03:15
You can find a camo repaint on Classic British Files site, among many other nice small beautyfull British A/C's

bearcat241
April 22nd, 2012, 04:08
Classic British Files is no more...been renamed as BritSim
http://www.britsim.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=162&func=startdown&id=1097

fde_bressy
April 22nd, 2012, 04:19
Thanks to mention it, sorry but I have a link through My Favourites...

Nice site, deserves a visit for small wonders, easy to convert to CFS II, like a Miles Hawk Speed Six in SCW colours, and the whole Auster family....

Nice week-end to all of you from rainy Northern France...

bearcat241
April 22nd, 2012, 04:26
Thanks to mention it, sorry but I have a link through My Favourites...Nice site, deserves a visit for small wonders...

Roger that...added it to my favorites too.

CheerZ!

sc7500
April 22nd, 2012, 07:21
...You can find a camo repaint on Classic British Files site, among many other nice small beautifull British A/C's...

Thank You, FD - I looked there but not well enough, apparently !

It's in my collection now - Mucho Appreciado :salute:

SC

Jagdflieger
April 22nd, 2012, 07:48
Great detective work guys!:salute:

peperez
April 22nd, 2012, 16:48
I did the painting and converted it for CFS2...

sc7500
April 25th, 2012, 11:09
I just d/l'd and installed the Cygnet and the Follower...

Both planes as delivered cause a CTD in my installation(s) - something about a MCVs*.dll conflict. I checked them both for and removed the lightstates line in their respective MDLs AFTER the crash, but it did not solve the challenge. No other planes cause this.

This rarely happens with a Pepe'-conversion - any suggestions ?
SC

peperez
April 25th, 2012, 15:05

Both planes as delivered cause a CTD in my installation(s) - something about a MCVs*.dll conflict. I checked them both for and removed the lightstates line in their respective MDLs AFTER the crash, but it did not solve the challenge. No other planes cause this.

SC

At my equipment they show no problems at all. At the Shadower did you try to use the unarmed dp?

Cheers

Pepe

peperez
April 25th, 2012, 15:18

SC

Try this attached DP and tell me. Believe it or not, BOTH have breakable parts and I kept them at the DP.64065

sc7500
April 25th, 2012, 16:23
Adding your DP file allowed me to select the Cygnet and Follower from the FF Menu, but I had to switch out the panels for another or I would get a Panels.dll CTD.

[I dropped in a working Bf-109 panel as a test, and flew quite happily away...]

I'll work on modified Panels and DPs later tonight and see if I can get them to play nicely - the cockpit glass is NOT transparent either, so I'll work on an alpha fix for that too....

Flies wonderfully, tho - Great job, Mr R !!!

Thank You
SC

sc7500
April 25th, 2012, 19:10
UPDATE:

I was able to build a decent transparent window image; However, the DP file will not run thru my newer version of DPEdit - I use Ver 1.21, Pepe's was done in 1.20, and it crashes if I hand-edit the file.

Very odd - and the DP that he posted above is for a 4 engined Follower, not the Cygnet. It works to make the Cygnet fly, but is incorrect, and any changes to the file cause a CTD....

Anyone else ever have a DP file that crashed CFS2 when modified ?

Lastly, the panel as included shows all the gauges too high on the panel, and moving them down w/ ConfigEdit does nothing.....

This is a first for me... :isadizzy:
SC

peperez
April 25th, 2012, 21:04
UPDATE:

I was able to build a decent transparent window image; However, the DP file will not run thru my newer version of DPEdit - I use Ver 1.21, Pepe's was done in 1.20, and it crashes if I hand-edit the file.

Very odd - and the DP that he posted above is for a 4 engined Follower, not the Cygnet. It works to make the Cygnet fly, but is incorrect, and any changes to the file cause a CTD....

Anyone else ever have a DP file that crashed CFS2 when modified ?

Lastly, the panel as included shows all the gauges too high on the panel, and moving them down w/ ConfigEdit does nothing.....

This is a first for me... :isadizzy:
SC

The Cygnet has NO DP... I forgot to build one. I uploaded a new DP for Shadower because I thought your problems were with both of them. Well, I'll build a DP for the Cygnet...

As you see on my images, my cockpit is transparent because I deleted the bmp. Are you using my textures or another one?

Cheers

Pepe

peperez
April 25th, 2012, 21:50
Here is the Cygnet DP attached. Just delete the txt termination. If you wish to use another texture, as you are, delete the cockpit bmp. It gives the correct propeller disc and cockpit transparence.

I can not understand why, in your system, the panel is getting CTDs. It uses standard CFS2 gauges or Moparmike ones, both well tested.

Let's find the problem.

Cheers

Pepe

sc7500
April 26th, 2012, 07:35
...As you see on my images, my cockpit is transparent because I deleted the bmp. Are you using my textures or another one? ...

I'm using the native "propglass.bmp" as supplied, but modified in the enclosed ZIP file below - I divided the prop from the glass, created an ALPHA for the glass only, and saved it in the native [888] style. Works great, and looks fine from inside and out.

I'll install the new DP file this afternoon - my eyes are acting up and I can't see what I'm doing this morning. More later

Thanks Mr R ! :salute:
SC

sc7500
April 26th, 2012, 09:15
To illustrate what I'm seeing here - How the panel looks in CFGEdit, and then again in the Sim.

I Love A Challenge.....
SC

Cygnet Panel in CFGEdit

Cygnet Panel in CFS2 - note the gauges' position....

peperez
April 26th, 2012, 13:51
To illustrate what I'm seeing here - How the panel looks in CFGEdit, and then again in the Sim.

I Love A Challenge.....
SC

Cygnet Panel in CFGEdit

Cygnet Panel in CFS2 - note the gauges' position....

This is not my work...

sc7500
April 26th, 2012, 15:28
...This is not my work...

Agreed.

I do not have FS2002/04/FSX installed, and therefore do not have the included XLS gauges installed.

I attempted to resize the supplied panel BMP, but that did not solve the location issues - Any Panel Gurus out there have an idea ?

SC

peperez
April 26th, 2012, 19:14
Agreed.

I do not have FS2002/04/FSX installed, and therefore do not have the included XLS gauges installed.

I attempted to resize the supplied panel BMP, but that did not solve the location issues - Any Panel Gurus out there have an idea ?

SC

At my panel has no XML gauges installed. Only good and old Hurricane ones. Just change all gauges at the original panel by CFS2 ones. It's easy and you can do using the notepad. AFTER that, use the Cfgedit.

Cheers

Pepe

sc7500
April 27th, 2012, 09:56
...My panel has no XML gauges installed. Only good and old Hurricane ones. Just change all gauges at the original panel by CFS2 ones. It's easy and you can do using the notepad. AFTER that, use the Cfgedit...

I got it, but had to sleep on the plan.

As usual, it was the path of least resistance - I selected all gauges and dropped them a foot in CFGEdit.

As you can see, everything shows now, and I have a complete working Cygnet !

Thanks again, Mr R - Once again, you've done us proud.
SC