PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try Multi-player here at SOH in P3D?

Lionheart
April 18th, 2012, 10:01
Hey all,

As you multi-player flyers know, SOH has a multi-player server for flights online. This is also for contests between other sites, like FlightSim, AVSIM, etc.

Has anyone tried P3D here in MP?

I have tried many times and cannot go in, login failed is the message.

I have tried many Port settings, nothing seems to work. I tried turning off AVG Firewall and Windows XP firewall and that didnt do it either.

I would be curious to know if others are online yet on this.

Bill

Dave Torkington
April 18th, 2012, 14:53
Hi Bill,

Yes, using P3D and FSHostClient I logged into the SOH flight server as Dave T just now. Just plugged in the IP, searched, found and joined the session ok. The 'Game' is showing as FSX on the Server Status page. I have the usual ports configured for FSHost / FSX.

Regards, Dave.

Lionheart
April 18th, 2012, 18:34
DANG! Thanks Dave. I didnt know it worked with FSHost Client.

Lionheart
April 18th, 2012, 20:33
Works great Dave! Many thanks Sir.

Flew for almost an hour with Willy tonight.

Bill

Willy
April 18th, 2012, 20:53
Nice "seeing" you on the server again! Had a great time.

Dave Torkington
April 18th, 2012, 21:52
Glad you got connected :salute: You can of course connect to an FSX session too. I had some communication with Russell Gilbert last week so we'll have to see whether a bespoke P3D FSHost client comes. I know he's looked at the forum here with interest, so lets see eh!

Regards,

Dave.

Lionheart
April 19th, 2012, 18:05
Dave, I do not think we need it. It works flawlessly with P3D already.

I flew with Willy and he was in FS9. I flew with 2 other friends later last night, they were both in FSX. So P3D runs perfect with FSHostClient and can join and fly with people in FS9 and FSX.

That was some great fun man... I havent flown online in ages.

Bill

Lionheart
April 22nd, 2012, 12:37
Ive been doing a bit of online flying almost every night now. Havent done it in ages.

Presently out exploring the area around ORBX Diamond Point, FTX PNW. Some awesome scenery....

Bill