PDA

View Full Version : New 737 for the "rich"

Pepere
December 24th, 2008, 06:50
http://www.fspilotshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=1859?osCsid=4090a5b1c a46ed2fbde07f0a25a2892c

Need to take out a loan to get this one! :kilroy:

David

N2056
December 24th, 2008, 06:56
I almost never do this...but in this case I would strongly warn anyone interested in this plane to carefully research the company selling it. I've lost track of how many threads I've read documenting problems people have had dealing with them :icon_eek:

gera
December 24th, 2008, 07:00
Yes.....................watch out!!!!!!!!!!! the company selling this has caused many head aches to many.......:banghead::banghead::banghead:

IanP
December 24th, 2008, 08:21
I'll echo the warnings here as well. From personal and others' experience, this is a company best avoided.

Ian P.

Bjoern
December 24th, 2008, 08:46
That price is effin' ridiculous. :banghead:

gajit
December 24th, 2008, 09:00
Yes - I agree with everything said. And just looking at the pilots in the screenshots makes me ROFL. I just feel sorry for the poor bleepers who will buy it.

aeronca1
December 24th, 2008, 10:07
Ariane and it's owner has a long history of producing junk and selling at high prices to unsuspecting customers. there used to be an article on either Avsim or flightSim.com detailing just what they are like....

Pepere
December 24th, 2008, 11:51
Thanks for the warning but don't think I would pay that much for a plane. You guys should write some reviews at flightSim.com..

Thanks,

David

PS: On second thought I put your comments in a review. No names of who said what. Hope tthat is okay?

warchild
December 24th, 2008, 11:56
Ariane and it's owner has a long history of producing junk and selling at high prices to unsuspecting customers. there used to be an article on either Avsim or flightSim.com detailing just what they are like....

I find it odd that you say that. I've been using their products for over three years now and i find them to be exceptionally detailed and beautifully made. ifind that the new 737 they just released flies better and more realistically than any other passenger plane available, especially after i did my own little thing to the engines. Is it worth the price? I'd have to say thats a personal decision. The plane is built by licensed pilots, most of the owners work for airlines and fly 737s for a job, irregardless of the distant past, Arianes support has been completely revamped and most people have solutions to their questions within 24 hours. Solutions, not not snobbish patronization.
But then frankly, these days most people know this, and these long lasting purile hate threads are getting realllllly boring.

stiz
December 24th, 2008, 12:05
but for the most parts they still hold true :kilroy:

Marlin
December 24th, 2008, 13:44
A Hundred BUCKS!!! Holy crap, there better not be one switch or button that doesn't as it is supposed to. This would mean that this plane should NEVER have to get any service packs, EVER!!!

I thought getting ripped off by Alphasim at 50 bucks was bad, oh man :isadizzy:

Anneke
December 24th, 2008, 13:47
It's expensive but I did not encounter any junk while flying the older FS9 version of this plane. Very detailed system wise. But the old registration system is almost KGB style. Their support is always responsive. But 99 dollars is way out of order, really...

d0mokun
December 24th, 2008, 13:55
I thought getting ripped off by Alphasim at 50 bucks was bad, oh man :isadizzy:

Being 'ripped off' is a subjective opinion I'm afraid with regards to this stuff.

At the end of the day nobody is forcing you to buy the product, whether it's 10 or 100 bucks. If you don't agree with the price, that's fine, but never is anyone being 'ripped off'.

Maybe they may have some heavy costs to cover- hence a high price.

Evidently though they must be doing something right despite comments here to the contrary- Ariane have been around for a long time and haven't exactly ever had Poundland prices.

Best & Merry Christmas.

Dan.

MCDesigns
December 24th, 2008, 14:39
Good point Dan. Ariane has a sorted past, no doubt and many complain about that, the price and their protection schemes, BUT I have seen lots of images from users that have their products that love them and from what I have seen, they look really nice. Guess it all comes down to "buyer beware"

Merry Christmas to you Dan! :ernae:

Boomer
December 24th, 2008, 15:11
I had it for FS9 & must say I never encountered any problems with it. It was wonderfully detailed & a pleasure to fly.

Price is subjective, IMO I got what I payed for.

In regards to Ariane's bad rap as it were I can not comment as I had no issues. That said I think all of us that have been doing this awhile & have numerous payware add ons have had a problem of some sort at one time or another & an axe to grind.
Mine is with CS.

CodyValkyrie
December 24th, 2008, 15:20
I'll give my part. I have both the original and X2, and I'll say this... The aircraft is good. There is no doubt. Is it worth the money? That depends. There are comparable addons available for less.

My biggest issue with Ariane is their crappy customer service. You also pay for freaking everything. The original and X2 are pretty much the same, with a few differences such as more sounds and a bit better defined cockpit... however, I had to pay FULL PRICE to upgrade to X2. It was utter bull. It certainly wasn't worth the price for the new features, which are mostly eye candy. If you lose your key, you pay them to retrieve it. If you want a GOOD manual, and not the crappy one that cones with it, you pay for it as well. Repaints? Same thing. You pay for them. If you keep all of this in mind, it isn't so bad, but if you need them for anything, expect a bunch of bull****.

wildcat400
December 28th, 2008, 10:43
I have never had a problem with them, and I have bought several add ons from them.

IanP
December 28th, 2008, 10:48
As a website/forum administrator and knowing a lot of people who have also had problems with them, I would never touch them with someone else's bargepole. I don't care how good the product is, if you market using such downright dodgy methods (fake customers, writing your own "reviews") and refuse to support your own customers, you are not worth trading with.

How've they survived so long? Well, at the prices they charge, they don't need to sell many do they!?!

Ian P.

Pepere
December 28th, 2008, 12:25
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-LEFT: #70a8ed 1px solid" width=10><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=pageHeading vAlign=top>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD align=left>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=pageHeading vAlign=top>Boeing 737 Airline Upgrade Extension Pack for the 900 ER X.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
http://www.fspilotshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=1860?osCsid=dd4bafd5a 2bd2f41cd9ca45c8c254c40 Another $30.00

$130.00 total cost. :isadizzy:

David :kilroy:

Sean Doran
December 28th, 2008, 13:12
Someone posted this over on the pilot shop.
Good to know if you plan on making a purchase.

I'll keep the review to JUST the airline package. This package adds virtually nothing except a few different engines if I remember correctly and repaints of the current 737-900ER customers. NOTHING MORE. If you purchased the base package, you will quickly find that is has almost no workable repaints (test model and rollout colors). This virtually means you have to purchase this package in order to get any decent repaints, as the software nor the company allows anyone else to repaint. Considering many companies who have similar practices offer the ability to at least give repaints with the package itself, allows repaints to be downloaded from their website for free, etc, this is in my opinion a very underhanded business practice.

If you are willing to spend an additional $30 for repaints on top of the $100 or so you spent on the base package, so be it. It is your money.

CodyValkyrie
December 28th, 2008, 13:50
Yes, I made that review. Read the other ones I wrote if you want as well.

These jerkwads accused me of being someone from AVSIM trying to ruin their reputation. *shrugs*

Nutballs with a business. That about summarizes my point of view with them.

naravac
December 28th, 2008, 14:05
I heard many things about this company and its all bad.
After a searching i found this http://www.avsim.com/pages/0902/pt_again.html

IanP
December 28th, 2008, 14:15
Apparently, from someone I trust (and who dislikes Peter Tishma as much as the entire FS world should), PT is no longer involved with Ariane.

However, if so, he was also no longer involved when they were using false advertising and spamming forums, which means they still have no credibility as a trading entity even without his misguidance.

Ian P.