PDA

View Full Version : Rafale C 30,000

StormILM
April 16th, 2012, 09:13
Rollus's Rafale C

StormILM
April 16th, 2012, 09:16
A little story about this repaint. Last year I purchased Rollus's Rafale model after seeing the post of it's release here on SOH one evening and have very much enjoyed it since. After finding out the model had been removed from sale (over the known dispute), I assumed I had the model safely backed up but in checking my inventory of payware models I have bought of the last years, I panicked a bit when I couldn't find the Rafale installer. So a couple of evenings ago I went to check Simmarket to see if my Rafale download was still intact. It was and I redownloaded the installer just to be safe but I noticed a "bonus repaint" download that I never saw before. I downloaded it as well but didn't explore it until yesterday. When I did, this was the repaint scheme! Needless to say, it got immediate priority install to FSX!

strykerpsg
April 16th, 2012, 10:34
Wow! Great looking paint Storm. I had no idea that the model had been pulled from sales. I wish I had purchased this one, more so now that it's gone. My hope that it returns as it looks absolutely stunning.

StormILM
April 16th, 2012, 11:07
Wow! Great looking paint Storm. I had no idea that the model had been pulled from sales. I wish I had purchased this one, more so now that it's gone. My hope that it returns as it looks absolutely stunning.

Yes, it is a heck of a great model indeed and is packed with a tremendous amount of gauge and animation coding that really brings it to life. It is a shame that there was an objection by Dassault over the marketing of this FSX model(which is a C and M version package) that led to it's withdraw(if I am correct on what I've read about the matter) as Roland had a 2 Seat B model due out as well. Last I heard the matter was being resolved and at some point these should be available for sale again. The only thing I changed on the model was the afterburner effects and the sound. It has good FPS performance and the flight modeling is incredible simulating the fly-by-wire feel and automatic trimming. A work of art this model is!

strykerpsg
April 16th, 2012, 18:02
Yes, it is a heck of a great model indeed and is packed with a tremendous amount of gauge and animation coding that really brings it to life. It is a shame that there was an objection by Dassault over the marketing of this FSX model(which is a C and M version package) that led to it's withdraw(if I am correct on what I've read about the matter) as Roland had a 2 Seat B model due out as well. Last I heard the matter was being resolved and at some point these should be available for sale again. The only thing I changed on the model was the afterburner effects and the sound. It has good FPS performance and the flight modeling is incredible simulating the fly-by-wire feel and automatic trimming. A work of art this model is!

So, will Rafael object to the model site Cody was discussing earlier? I hope not. She's quite a beauty.