PDA

View Full Version : St-Mathias Scenery Question

falcon409
April 15th, 2012, 16:25
This is directed to the 26 folks who have downloaded the St_Mathias scenery from the SOH downloads area. Have any of you had a problem with the trees along the shoreline of the water landing area sitting in the water rather than up on dry land? Have any of you had a problem with the treeline along the highway sitting on the airport side of the highway rather than on the opposite side of the highway? If you are seeing these problems, are you also using an alternative shoreline addon that's available on flightsim.com by Gilles Gauthier?

Of the folks who have downloaded this scenery, are there any other problems beyond what I just mentioned? I haven't received any e-mails concerning the aforementioned problems, but that means very little really. If it's a scenery they just thought they'd try but weren't really interested in keeping, they probably just dumped it after seeing the problems. It could also be that the problems weren't seen as that "big" a problem to mess with since everything else was fine so they just went on with using the scenery.

I'm doing a series of airports in this general area and would like to continue doing others but I may have to stay clear of any other water areas if this one proves to be a problem of any real size. Thanks for any responses I may get, in advance.:salute:

racartron
April 15th, 2012, 16:51
I'm one of the 26, Ed but haven't installed it yet. Its setting in my scenery "to do" folder -- along with another 100 or so fields.

I'll install it tonight to see how it "performs" and report back.

jschall
April 17th, 2012, 10:53
Maybe if I illustrate Ed's scenery problem, more folks will try to install it and help to analyze the problem.

With default FSX mesh and textures, Ed's treelines are fine - one along the river shore, one along the highway.

I use Ultimate terrain X Canada, and that puts a small wiggle in the highway, just enough to put Ed's trees on the wrong side of the highway, like so:
The shoreline hasn't moved appreciably, so those trees are OK.

My contact at les Concepteurs Virtuels du Québec, Jean-Pierre Fillion, uses Québec mesh and textures created by Gilles Gauthier, and used extensively by Québec simmers. The Gauthier "correction" moves the Richelieu River slightly to the East at this spot (and doesn't affect the road), so Jean-Pierre's trees end up in the water, along with a camper:

So, Ed is asking you to please download and install this Saint-Mathias scenery, and see what it looks like with your various mesh and terrain addons.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=113&id=5770

This is one of a number of excellent airports Falcon409 has created in this area of Québec where I live. Along with his recent re-creation of Emma Field, Ed has added greatly to my (and many others') enjoyment of FSX!

farsenea
April 21st, 2012, 08:00
Hi, I am new to this forum but I am flying hoften from St-Mathias hydrobase. I am also flying with the AVQ and using the Gilles scenery is kind of "mandatory" so, I do have the tree in water problem :(

I also have a problem on not seeing all the cars around the hangars - some are "black" - any idea why ?
63788 63789

Thanks

François

falcon409
April 21st, 2012, 11:54
Hi, I am new to this forum but I am flying hoften from St-Mathias hydrobase. I am also flying with the AVQ and using the Gilles scenery is kind of "mandatory" so, I do have the tree in water problem :(
I also have a problem on not seeing all the cars around the hangars - some are "black" - any idea why ?
63788 63789

Thanks
François
A couple questions:
Are you using FSX/Accel or just FSX?
What is the AVQ and why is Gilles scenery mandatory?

farsenea
April 21st, 2012, 12:36
A couple questions:
Are you using FSX/Accel or just FSX?
What is the AVQ and why is Gilles scenery mandatory?

I am using FSX/Accel.
AVQ is "AéroVirtuel Quebec" (http://www.aerovirtuel.ca/): we have many members creating scenery (publish at the "Concepteurs Virtuels du Quebec" - http://www.okad.ca/cvq/scenes.php) that we use for network flight activities: many involve bush flying up north and the river & lake lines are important for the results. Every members has to have Gilles Quebec mesh, lake, rivers & road scenes in order for us to all see the same thing and all extra scene at the right place.

Thanks

falcon409
April 21st, 2012, 13:47
I am using FSX/Accel.
AVQ is "AéroVirtuel Quebec" (http://www.aerovirtuel.ca/): we have many members creating scenery (publish at the "Concepteurs Virtuels du Quebec" - http://www.okad.ca/cvq/scenes.php) that we use for network flight activities: many involve bush flying up north and the river & lake lines are important for the results. Every members has to have Gilles Quebec mesh, lake, rivers & road scenes in order for us to all see the same thing and all extra scene at the right place.
Thanks
The cars that have no textures are part of one of the object libraries (parking_lots_large_ss) included with the scenery. Make sure the library was installed correctly.
The problem I have with this Gilles replacement shorelines and roads is that I placed the trees along the shoreline and along the road using a satellite image ground texture. I placed all the trees, houses, etc and then removed the ground texture. So is the satellite off or is his scenery addons off?

I have told Jeff that I would work up a separate scenery fix for those who use this addon and it will be next week before I get to it.

farsenea
April 29th, 2012, 10:56
The cars that have no textures are part of one of the object libraries (parking_lots_large_ss) included with the scenery. Make sure the library was installed correctly.

I have installed alle the extra scenery & texture content in a scene I called "St_Ed Wells extra" (including those from St-Mathias, St-Hyacinthe & St-Dominique) and I placed that scene higher than the airfield scenes. Those are the only "black" car & truck I see: If the "parking_lots_large_ss" was not installed properly, will they not all look black ?

Thanks

François A.

falcon409
April 29th, 2012, 11:53
Some cars are part of a "group" of cars from the parking lot scenery objects. . . .others are single cars placed using default FSX objects.

farsenea
April 29th, 2012, 14:00
Some cars are part of a "group" of cars from the parking lot scenery objects. . . .others are single cars placed using default FSX objects.

I have changed my installation of this specific scene by using a separate folder but I still get black cars & trucks around the buildings near the CSP5 air strip :-( Any more ideas on how to fix this ?