PDA

View Full Version : FTX Pacific North West

Lionheart
April 15th, 2012, 12:09
Hey all,

I picked up ORBX Diamond Point last night. Found that I needed the FTX North America. (Yep, I know). FSX ran so badly, I havent been wanting addons for it, so I know nothing about the ORBX (and FTX) scenery packages.

Well, after installing the two, I then go into P3D, go to Addon Scenery library, add on Diamond Point, and FTX. It didnt work well, so I reverset Diamond Point to the top of the stack with FTX below it, and that helped, but the grass and cool textures arent showing up, and the ocean went to another land. Turning off the FTX CVX got the ocean back.

So I guess I am waiting with everyone else for the ORBX swap over keys.

Has anyone got the ORBX scenery fully functioning? Is there a trick to it?

From what 'did' show up, I am very impressed. Some amazing, breath taking scenery. In FSX it runs like a slide show, but in P3D, its pretty smooth, 16 FPS+, usually hanging at 20.

Bill

VCN-1
April 15th, 2012, 13:14
I am holding off for the ORBX migration tool to move it to P3D.

VCN-1

Daube
April 15th, 2012, 15:15
Hey all,

I picked up ORBX Diamond Point last night. Found that I needed the FTX North America. (Yep, I know). FSX ran so badly, I havent been wanting addons for it, so I know nothing about the ORBX (and FTX) scenery packages.

Well, after installing the two, I then go into P3D, go to Addon Scenery library, add on Diamond Point, and FTX. It didnt work well, so I reverset Diamond Point to the top of the stack with FTX below it, and that helped, but the grass and cool textures arent showing up, and the ocean went to another land. Turning off the FTX CVX got the ocean back.

So I guess I am waiting with everyone else for the ORBX swap over keys.

Has anyone got the ORBX scenery fully functioning? Is there a trick to it?

From what 'did' show up, I am very impressed. Some amazing, breath taking scenery. In FSX it runs like a slide show, but in P3D, its pretty smooth, 16 FPS+, usually hanging at 20.

Bill

If it's like in FSX, then you must NOT declare the sceneries manually like that. You should use the "FTX Central" tool (the one specific to P3D, if there is one).

Lionheart
April 15th, 2012, 17:53
Roger that Daube.

When will the tools be available?

I have found the scenery to be working pretty good. Hard to believe they have done so many airports in PNW.

Bill

Lionheart
April 15th, 2012, 19:51
A few screenshots of the outstanding scenery models. The houses are amazing, totally real looking. This must have been a massive undertaking. Most of the airports I have gone to are filled out with parked planes, cars, hangers, etc, etc.

CG_1976
April 15th, 2012, 22:07
Excellent shots Bill:jump: I don't have that airport and will take a look as soon as the migration tool comes.

AussieMan
April 15th, 2012, 23:28
G'day Bill,

The ORBX PNW scenery will not install direct into P3D. What you need to do is install it into FSX then download the SBSL from http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/index.php. Once you have installed you run the PNW SBSL and it will port PNW into P3D. Unfortunately you cannot manually link ORBX airports from FSX (I have tried it).

To have any ORBX airports in P3D you will have to wait for the Migration Tool which should be released shortly.

Crusader
April 16th, 2012, 03:47
Thanks Aussieman for the good explanation . I read this morning over at Orbx's forum they have the latest FTX Libraries with their own Prepar3D installer but have quit making the SBSL's and are completing The Migration Tool . Thanks for the link . I currently have PNW , NRW , and CRM but no specific airports . May have to pick up a few during their sale . They have the SBSL's for PNW and NRW but the CRM wasn't listed so I'll probably wait for the Migration Tool .

Rich

VCN-1
April 16th, 2012, 03:59
Has anyone changed the FSX path in the registry to show the location of P3D as the default?

I may give that a go to see if I could get a direct install in P3D unless someone has already tried it and had no success.

EDIT: Changed the registry and attempted to install PNW in P3D. Installer still tried to install it in FSX.

I guess I will impatiently wait for the migration tool.

VCN-1

Marvin Carter
April 16th, 2012, 05:39
Bill, I don't have Prepar3D but ORBX recommends you put there updated library in after you install the PNW and ad on airports also. I don't know if this is true for Prepar3D. They have the updated library on there support page. Don't know if it will help, but you might give it a go?

Roger
April 16th, 2012, 08:49
Don't forget the freeware ORBX airports too Bill!

http://www.fullterrain.com/freeware.html

Lionheart
April 16th, 2012, 11:41
Roger that Marvin, will check it out.

G'day Bill,

The ORBX PNW scenery will not install direct into P3D. What you need to do is install it into FSX then download the SBSL from http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/index.php. Once you have installed you run the PNW SBSL and it will port PNW into P3D. Unfortunately you cannot manually link ORBX airports from FSX (I have tried it).

To have any ORBX airports in P3D you will have to wait for the Migration Tool which should be released shortly.

I installed FTX and 2WA1 into FSX, then used the Addon Scenery manager in P3D and linked to the various ORBX files there. Worked great once I had the order correct.

I do have an issue with the grass though. Its very transparent, so I think there may be an update for grass with an adjustment to the transparency level. Right now, you can barely see it in P3D. It might be the shaders in P3D doing this, as they are different then FSX shaders.

Bill

Lionheart
April 16th, 2012, 11:47
Don't forget the freeware ORBX airports too Bill!

http://www.fullterrain.com/freeware.html

ACK!!! Many thanks Roger!

Bill

AussieMan
April 16th, 2012, 14:45
Bill,

The OZx freeware sceneries http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/1825-ozx-au-complete-ozx-na-complete-ozx-libraries/ install direct into P3D. There are several North American sceneries there including Death Valley, Grand Canyon and a file containing several freeware PNW airports.

Unfortunately you need the libraries but they have been bundled in the complete file which is 2GB and contains the Australian airports as well as the PNW airports and the libraries.

Lionheart
April 16th, 2012, 15:28
Bill,

The OZx freeware sceneries http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/1825-ozx-au-complete-ozx-na-complete-ozx-libraries/ install direct into P3D. There are several North American sceneries there including Death Valley, Grand Canyon and a file containing several freeware PNW airports.

Unfortunately you need the libraries but they have been bundled in the complete file which is 2GB and contains the Australian airports as well as the PNW airports and the libraries.

Thanks Pat!

Off to get it.

Bill

CG_1976
April 16th, 2012, 16:55
I recommend Grand Canyon, Death Valley and Green Bay HD:icon29:

Lionheart
April 16th, 2012, 18:28
Goodness.... I thought P3D was addictive. ORBX is like pouring water on the fire!

:icon_eek:

shaking, sweaty hands, rings under eyes, murmuring, 'must find the next airfield I havent been to yet!'