PDA

View Full Version : OT: I don't much like this guy ...

Snuffy
December 24th, 2008, 06:05
But after this article, perhaps I'll start to revise my "judgement".

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,471244,00.html

Venemous Duck
December 24th, 2008, 06:12
Kind of a stand up guy after all...Great article and kudos to Spade for being "that guy"...The guy that goes the extra mile to help...VD:ernae:

lifejogger
December 24th, 2008, 19:05
Never heard of him, but that is a nice gift.

cheezyflier
December 25th, 2008, 06:11
Never heard of him, but that is a nice gift.

you never heard of him? i am wondering if you live under a log....

rpjkw
December 25th, 2008, 06:30
There's two of us living under a log, though he looks a little familiar.:mixedsmi:

Bob

Tom Clayton
December 25th, 2008, 07:12
He played "David Finch" on "Just Shoot Me" along with several other movie and TV roles.

YouTube (http://uk.youtube.com/results?search_query=david+spade)

iMDB (http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0005450/)

Silver Fox
December 25th, 2008, 08:52
Nice to see! Spade has enough money that what happens on the street to a Phoenix cop needn't matter to him... he can afford to live elsewhere. By doing this he helps not just the cop in a fight against a street gang, but every citizen of Phoenix who counts on that cop to be the winner.

Kudos to Mr Spade. :applause:

Panther_99FS
December 25th, 2008, 08:57
you never heard of him? i am wondering if you live under a log....

Now here's some Christmas spirit....

cheezyflier
December 25th, 2008, 12:59
Now here's some Christmas spirit....

it wasn't a knock, it just seemed surprising to me that someone hadn't heard of him.

"tommy boy" was probably the funniest movie made in the last 20 years, but for sure the last 15. there was also "joe dirt" another pretty funny role he played, it also did well at the box office. "black sheep" was another funny, a small part in "coneheads", various tv roles, as well as voice overs for several animated movies, not to mention an appearance on nearly every adam sandler comedy album since "they're all gonna laugh at you". for the past 20 years the guy has been pretty busy doing some pretty well recieved stuff. i google map searched Llano Estacado
and it said texas or new mexico. both are in america. it just seems odd to me that someone could live in america, and be web savvy enough to be a regular here, and not know who that is, or at least be somewhat familiar with his face from the photo with the article. do i really come off as mean spirited as you seem to be implying?

Willy
December 25th, 2008, 13:06
It did to me as well Cheezy. Sometimes folks have to remember that we post here can be easily taken out of context as the written language quite often doesn't convey the emotion behind it.

All I knew about Spade is that he acted in a few movies. Very minor character on my radar

MCDesigns
December 25th, 2008, 14:07
It could be taken either way cheezy, I always look for the joke smilie when I read comments that can have multiple meanings.

I know who he is, but thought Tommy boy and Joe Dirt were really stupid, never thought much of him as an actor, but what a great thing to do. Now they need to put those weapons to good use, MUY RAPIDO!! :tgun2:

Gdavis101
December 25th, 2008, 14:17
He was an SNL regular back int he day to, don't remember the years but it was after Dana Carvey.. When the show was actually funny!

He used to do an airline skit that was pretty funny, it always had to do with passenger deplaning and him saying "Buh Bye.." Tried finding it on Youtube and NBC but no luck..

srgalahad
December 25th, 2008, 14:32
Ahhh.. there are more of us under these logs...

I don't "do" movies until I get bored and find one on cable TV, and then I don't often care who the actors are unless they reach the level of DeNiro, Hanks, Bogey, and a few others.
I can't remember when I was last in Blockbuster but I think it was about the time DVD's came out.
I have "parental control" set on anything resembling "Entertainment Tonight" or " A Hollywood Moment" so I can keep my supper down...
I vaguely remember watching some 20 minutes of SNL.. once.

So yeah.. I wouldn't recognize 'him' either, nor do I feel underprivileged for it:costumes:

Ridge
December 25th, 2008, 16:30
David Spade was also in The Emporer's New Groove as the emporer...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zgHGXKp56Y

Gdavis101
December 25th, 2008, 16:40
Oh and don't forget Joe Dirt! Though a little on the creepy side it was a hilarious movie..

cheezyflier
December 26th, 2008, 06:06
I know who he is, but thought Tommy boy and Joe Dirt were really stupid,

oh man! that's really somethin! i admit that the reason i loved tommy boy so much is because of chris farley, not david spade.
laugh if you want to, but i loved joe dirt because part of me identifies with the charachter. there's alot of similarity between his story and mine.
:costumes:

****aside from that, if i came of the wrong way originally, i didn't mean to.
i totally offer my apologies if i offended you lifejogger.

JoeW
December 26th, 2008, 06:16
His mind is in the right direction, a lot of them aren't.