PDA

View Full Version : Cubs fans rejoice

Cazzie
October 3rd, 2008, 06:56
We still the doormat of the National League.

Well, it looks all over heading into LA, so I guess Steve Goodman's "An Old Cubs Fan Last Request" would be appropriate. Hell, maybe it'll turn things around................NOT.

7xBxZGQ1dJk&feature=related

Caz

rpjkw
October 3rd, 2008, 08:58
Yeah, I have memories of last year.:banghead::banghead: Can you say 'CHOKE' ?

Good thing I don't bet on the horses.

Bob

WuhWuzDat
October 5th, 2008, 10:05
R_CMo7M-NA0

Corsair Freak
October 5th, 2008, 10:15
You should have heard all the people calling in last night on the sports radio station in Chicago. People are throwing their cubs gear away and giving up on them. :costumes:

rpjkw
October 5th, 2008, 10:18
I may join them in blowing off the Cubs.:banghead::banghead:

I really thought they'd do better than last year. Right now, I'm not able to say, "There's next year", and I'm not sure I want to.

Bob

Cazzie
October 5th, 2008, 10:22
And so it goes WuhWuzDat, down in three against the hapless NL West winner, a division that did good to have any team play .500 all season. It's truly a curse, as the late Mike Royko said, being a Cubs fan! :banghead:

Caz

TARPSBird
October 5th, 2008, 14:51
Yogi Berra said "It ain't over until it's over", guess nobody told the Cubs "it ain't over" just because you clinch the division.The Cubs can't blame Steve Bartman or "the goat" for their annual post-season choke. They played like a bunch of bozos, then after last night's game Geovany Soto and Alfonso (I Didn't Do Sh*t) Soriano read phrases from the excuse matrix. :mad: I was disappointed that Lou Pinella seemed so casual about the final humiliation. Too bad management has already renewed his contract for next year, they should've waited. Thanks for letting me rant.

Trans_23
October 5th, 2008, 15:04
This was the year the Cubbies were going to win it all. They even had me, a White Sox fan, believing this might be "the year". I have to say, I don't think I have ever seen a team lay down so badly as the Cubs did this year. Soriano was a no-show again this year (as were many Cub's batters) and Cub pitching was pathetic at best. It will be real interesting to see what happens to that organization over the winter. They spent a lot of money for a one and done playoff season.

Cazzie
October 5th, 2008, 15:04
In all fairness to the hapless Cubs, it would seem that TV could have given them at least one day game at Wrigley. Having to play two straight late night ball games in Chi-town and a day/nighter in LA is not the Cubs milieu!

N2056
October 5th, 2008, 15:55
Cheer Up!
You could be in San Diego...you know it's bad when the newsworthy item the last week of the season is when you "clinch" not losing 100 games! :isadizzy:

MaddogK
October 5th, 2008, 19:37
GO SOX !!!

Who are the cubs ?

FlyTexas
October 5th, 2008, 22:50
After watching the Cubbies completely fall to pieces in game 6 of the 2003 series, after the Steve Bartman incident, I became a true believer in the Goat Curse. That night was unbelievable!! :isadizzy:

Brian

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/FlyTexas/DaGoat.jpg

WuhWuzDat
October 6th, 2008, 06:32
m09GoUMaD0Q

Trans_23
October 6th, 2008, 08:03
:costumes::costumes::costumes::costumes: Poor Cub fans! :banghead::banghead: